Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 PM

Default 50NL Pocket Aces w/flush draw on turn

Villain is 30/5/1 over only about 30 hands. No previous history or reads on villain. My question here is how to play the turn. Should hero lead again? C/C? CRAI?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $51
BTN: $44.65
SB: $34.50
BB: $55.95
UTG: $41.65
UTG+1: $26.05
UTG+2: $61.05
MP1: $49.50
Hero (MP2): $48.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP2)
2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.50, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $2

Flop: ($8.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG+2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BTN calls $5, UTG+2 calls $5

Turn: ($23.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero ???
Old 10-31-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 50NL Pocket Aces w/flush draw on turn

With two villains in the hand and both calling your CB on the flop, I seriously doubt that you're ahead right now, one of them could easily have a made flush already. So I'd check behind hoping to see a cheap river if you get the right odds...
Old 10-31-2007, 01:51 PM

check turn with the intention of calling around 1/2 pot sized bet
Old 10-31-2007, 04:04 PM

Anybody believe the flop bet should be bigger? I think I am getting closer to a PSB with two players.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 PM

I agree. On a seriously draw-happy flop like this you need to smash the flop. I want everybody to fold to my cbet, since almost any card will complete some draw or other.

As played I check and fold to any serious betting.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:19 PM

Against 2 opponents, you have to bet full pot on that flop.

As played check behind on the turn and try to see a cheap river. I'm positive you are behind at least one of them at this point.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:24 PM

We all realize we have an overpair and the nut flush draw here right? That we have not so much more than a pot sized bet behind? Boy, we have a lot of hand here to check/fold. I'm going to stick it in here a lot. If someone wants to gamble, lets gamble.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We all realize we have an overpair and the nut flush draw here right? That we have not so much more than a pot sized bet behind? Boy, we have a lot of hand here to check/fold. I'm going to stick it in here a lot. If someone wants to gamble, lets gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this play. He still has almost twice the pot left in his stack and he is likely behind one of the two opponents (whoever he's behind, they have a hand that they probably won't be folding). You won't river your flush often enough to make this a profitable play.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u do realize the board just 4 straighted, in a 3way pot, and the flush filled, right? this is an easy check on the turn...try to get to river improvement for free.

also, id get flop CB to $6+
Old 10-31-2007, 10:21 PM

A gutshot and a FD came in. It's just not that likely that anyone was calling with a bare gutshot. Maybe that card put us behind, maybe it didn't. If we were already behind, that card scared the crap out of someone. Still, our hand is good here a reasonable amount of the time and we have redraws to the nuts if it's not. There's like 25 in the pot and we have 40ish behind. We don't have enough to checkraise. We have way too much equity to check/fold. So bet the pot. Or bet it all because if we bet the pot, we're pot stuck. 2 pair hands really can't call us. Unlikely sets are quaking in their boots. Made straights aren't too happy, but will probably call. A pot sized bet is going to win this pot a fair bit, we're going to get called and out hand will hold up some amount of time, we're going to get all-in and make our redraws some amount of the time.