Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: please take skip bayless off the air

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that they're not quite the same, but to me they all fall into the category of "People Not To Be Taken Seriously". I'm much happier that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That designation is fine for those other guys, but Bayless is on a whole other level of aesthetic, intellectual, and moral suck. He's just plain rancid.

How bad do you have to be when you make Stephen A. Smith look like the sensible one in a debate? When you're unquestionably the worst thing on a show as uniformly horrible as Cold Pizza? Not to mention the most insufferably obnoxious personality to emerge from the Cowboys' early '90s dynasty (where there's a wealth of authentic competition)?

He has all the worst qualities of other ESPN guys, but without any of their redeeming features. He's more grating and histrionic than Berman and Vitale, but has none of their sincerity or enthusiasm. He trumps Kiper as far as being pompous and condescending, but doesn't have an ounce of Mel's knowledge. He's as abrasive and insensitive as Jim Gray, but with none of the insider pull. He's deliberately contrarian like LeBatard, but lacks the self-deprecating humor. He's whacked-out but not occasionally insightful or amusing (Walton), nerdy but not affable or informed (John Clayton), dogmatic but not usually correct (Salisbury)...

And it doesn't matter whether or not that's just a character he's playing. The guy is the f*cking anti-Christ.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has all the worst qualities of other ESPN guys, but without any of their redeeming features. He's more grating and histrionic than Berman and Vitale, but has none of their sincerity or enthusiasm. He trumps Kiper as far as being pompous and condescending, but doesn't have an ounce of Mel's knowledge. He's as abrasive and insensitive as Jim Gray, but with none of the insider pull. He's deliberately contrarian like LeBatard, but lacks the self-deprecating humor. He's whacked-out but not occasionally insightful or amusing (Walton), nerdy but not affable or informed (John Clayton), dogmatic but not usually correct (Salisbury)...

[/ QUOTE ]

All that needs to be said.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All that needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Extremely well said
Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 PM

I agree some of these guys shouldn't be taken seriously, but mentioning them in the same breath as Walton is insulting. He is in a league of his own.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 PM

bump

boeckman for hesiman

[censored] you bayless
Old 11-12-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly can't listen to him speak about sports without going on life tilt. Skip Bayless can honestly put me in a bad mood for an entire day, he is honestly the anti christ imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

anybody in Dallas having read him in now defunct Dallas Times Herald" and on the ticket, will wholehartedly agree with you.

He's the one the that started the Troy is gay rumors and said blasphemous things about Landry.

Def Douchebag, but I love skip shots, they keep me in stitches (local ref)