Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 02:47 PM

Default 50NL Two pair with flush draw on board

Is this line standard or should I be worried about a set or better 2pr with villain's smallish bets?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP2: $111.05
CO: $25.10
Hero (BTN): $39.85
SB: $39
BB: $87.60
UTG: $178.55
UTG+1: $51.05
UTG+2: $49.25
MP1: $42.45

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
4 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.25

Turn: ($8.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Two pair with flush flush draw on board

I raise this PF.

You need to raise larger on the flop. You allowed BB to potentially stick around and hit a card on the turn, and you really don't find out anything about the strength of his hand, since he basically just called two really small ammounts.

CO has a pretty insignificant stack and that is another reason you shoud be making your raise larger on the flop, you need to make future bet sizing not be odd vs his smallish stack.

With that said and considering his stack size, we are not folding two pair here to an unkown small stacker. If he has 44 or A9, tough [censored]. I really think his range is a lot wider then this though, lots of possible draws he can have and be trying to get cheap cards for, hands like 9T also.

I'm really worried about BB though, while I guess most of the time he shows up w/ random FDs and occasionally JT. It would really suck to see him come alive on this turn card and c/r. Which again is why we needed to raise more on the flop, both to get it HU w/ the small stack and to gain information if people do call, and to protect against the tons of draw possibilities. This is a very wet board and we have a very vulnerable hand, we need to protect it if we think we are good, or sometimes in a 5 way pot here we can just fold.