Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Not a Moral Dilema

I am a verizon customer witht the 5 dollar a month insurance. Ilost my phone so i called them and told them it was stolen, I paid a 50 dollar deductable and they sent me a new phone the next day. I was calling them up to activate it and I didn't remember my password, because of this I could not activate my phone and needed to figure out my password.

A few minutes later one of my roomates finds my phone in a box of red bull [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any way, I'm not sure what my next play is. My old phone still works, my new phone is unactivated, and I'm out 50 bucks but I have a brand new phone worth a couple hundred bucks.

THeres a few options and there are pros in cons to any of them. Taking advantage of a big corporation is not against my morals, in fact I try and take advantage of these kind of oppurtunities when they present themselves, still tho I don't know what to do.

Looking for educated advice, which achieves one goal, WHAT IS BEST FOR ME FINANCIALLY?

thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Not a Moral Dilema

what is best for you financially is a matter of simple arithmetic and you don't need OOT to do it for you.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Not a Moral Dilema

you honestly lost it, you just happened to find it. there's nothing in their insurance policy that requires you to send the new one back if you find your old one. that happens all the time. that's why they cap the replacements via $50 deductible at 2 per year (or 2 per 2 years, can't remember which), so people don't abuse the hell out of it. sell it on ebay, knock yourself out.
Closed Thread