Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Latest cliffsnotes on Absolute soulreading.

Good job Ape, it looks good. I might bold some of the quotes between the HH's though to help distinguish between the two.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:33 AM

Thanks. Good idea. My editing time for that has run out, but any mod who wants to clean it up go for it.
It was rather ridiculous at times not being able to figure out which parts I had already included, which ones still needed inclusion, and where to draw some lines to stop. Undoubtedly some things could have been done better.
Will keep in mind for future sections.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 AM

Let me be the first to suggest ZeeJustin has something to do with all this.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 AM

Here's an explanation of one of the screenshots that should be accessible to people not familiar with PokerTracker stats.

Player: Doubledrag

The above image is a screenshot from the online poker tracking tool, PokerTracker.

The Game Level column shows that these statistics are from no limit texas holdem, where the big blind was $30, and some hands where the big blind was $20. While it isn't clearly visible here, these hands were from 6-max games - where there were a limit of six players per table.

The Vol. Put $ In The Pot (VPIP) is a statistic that shows a percentage of how many times a player voluntarily put money into the pot (ie, how often they bet with their hand). By way of comparison, the top players have a VPIP of around 20%-25% or so in these games. Anything above 30% is considered to be very loose. Anything above 40% is considered to be maniacal. Anthing above 90% is crazy.

Normally, a player who bets 90% of their hands goes bust very quickly, since their hands are on average much weaker than their opponents' hands.

The next important statistic is the BB/100 hands. This shows the number of big blinds the player wins on average every 100 hands. In this example, over the 201 hands, they won on average 482.99 big blinds every 100 hands. By way of comparison, the very best players in the world might be able to win around 8-10BB/100.

The next important statistic is the "River AF." This is a calculation of how aggressive a player is on the river - it is the number of times the player bets or raises, divided by the number of times the player calls. The higher the number, the more aggressive they are. By way of comparison, my "River AF" when I play is 1.9.

On the last round of betting, when all the cards are dealt, one hand is always going to be better than the other player's (sometimes they are tied and are the same, but this is irrelevant here). The players who are cheating always managed to make the right decision at the end. If the opponent's hand was worse, the cheaters would bet or raise - and this is what causes the "River AF" to be so high. If the cheaters' hand was worse, the cheaters would either fold, or sometimes make a big bluff.

Not once did the cheaters call - because if you know what your opponents' cards are, you would never need to call. The 'River AF' for the $30 NL game is not infinite because there will have been times when the cheater's opponent bet all-in with a worse hand, and the cheater can only call.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:11 AM

Cliff notes of the cliff notes?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes of the cliff notes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Recently, the online poker operator, Absolute Poker, has been discovered to have certain players able to see the hole cards of other players.

This has been revealed through extensive and detailed statistical analysis, and consideration of a large number of hand history records.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:55 AM

There was no way to make the notes short and leave the data/evidence in.

But, exactly what Josem said.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:45 AM

with the other threads still active, i don't think anyone was expecting this to be done at some specific time.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:10 AM

Probably not. I said I would start some of it and never got bad feedback on that idea.
I'm just leaving this as is and not including how the debate has gone and letting the other thread run its course on that.
I wanted to get the story and the data out of the other threads and in some order so people don't have to look over a billion posts.

Long? yes. Necessary? Maybe not. Cleaner than the other threads at this point? I think so.

tl;dr? LDO.

If mods feel it's unnecessary they can do what they want with it. I would suggest saving it in some form rather than deleting it completely because I'm not going to try to gather the same stuff again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 05:12 AM

wordplay: see title