Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Conspire`s 9/11 Conspiracies

The morning of September 11, 2001 I was in high school just sitting in class when a teacher from across the hall walks in and says that a plane has just crashed into the world trade center. My teacher almost immediately turns the tv on and I get my first glimpse of the world trade center. The reporter is saying that a second plane has crashed into the other tower, and I just keep watching while not really realizing how big of an event this is. I always thought that the news reported what was really going on, it is not until I got out of high school that I started realizing that what I see and hear is not always the truth. There is always two sides to a story and that is what this post is all about. At that time I also did not believe that there would be so many odd coincidences surrounding 9/11.

Before I dive into the 9/11 conspiracy, in 1993 the world trade center was bombed for the first time. There are valid newspaper articles of leaked information that the F.B.I. was involved with terrorists who were trying to blow up the towers. A retired egyptian general was given 1 million dollars, explosives and a detonator, and was told to make a bomb. The F.B.I. had told him that this was just a test and that they were not really going to blow up the tower. Yet the F.B.I. kept track of him and made sure he was not slacking, the officer started to get really worried and was wondering if this was even a test at all. Then one day he got a call from the head of the F.B.I. He secretly recorded a conversation with the head of the F.B.I. of New York ordering him to let this bombing take place. This is all information that the F.B.I. admits to by the way. This bombing is gonna go down, [censored] is about to hit the fan, only one problem, the drivers of the truck were suppossed to park by a main support column, they failed that task and parked about a dozen feet away. This really screwed everything up, the bomb went off, the tower didnt fall, there was no huge death toll, and the media quickly forgot about it. This 1993 attack is of course important, but no longer has nothing to do with 9/11 conspiracy, it was just a failed prelude. I just wanted to give a quick overview of some of the crazy [censored] that happened in 1993.

I could pretty much type out a 5 page essay, but I came to the conclusion that I would just list some of the conspiracies and we can discuss them as a group. Just go ahead and quote one of these and ask a question and I and hopefully other people can give their view on it. I had a hard time figuring out how exactly to make this post, how it is now seemed to be the most efficient way. I also feel that this way leaves everything open for discussion and views which is really what this is all about, lets make this a mission to come to a group conclusion on the validity of some major conspiracies of 9/11. If this thread is successful I will keep adding conspiracies and go further down the wormhole, also if any of u want to post a conspiracy that would be great, I would be happy to give my paranoid view on it.

There are so many conspiracies (coincidences) that I could go on and on about, lets just start with these ones and go from there.

Did Bush know this attack was going to happen, and if he did how long did he know? The CIA received reports from many many many countries saying that they knew bin laden was planning an attack on america.

New World Order. This would take 10 pages to even try to explain (Get a one dollar bill, on the back to the left, the pyramid with the eye) Illumanati.

A few months before the attack Indian and Pakistan diplomats went public stating that U.S. forces were massing outside of Afghanistan.

The Bush and Bin Laden family have ties that go back like half a century. The Carlyle group is the biggest defense contractor on the planet, and the majority owners of this company is of course the Bush and Bin Laden families.

On 9/11 there were war game exercises taking place (a plane hijacking scenario) many of our fighter jets were doing these exercises (some of which took place in alaska). There were only 8 jets that were able to respond. Not to mention mass confusion.

There was a huge insurance policy put on the world trade center (specifically covering terrorist attack)

Why were members of the Bin Laden family in America when this attacked happened, and why were they flown out of the country 2 days later?

Were the towers rigged with explosives? (Sup DDY)

What really happened to flight 93? Did it really crash? (I believe that in landed in Ohio) What is up with the crash site photos?

Im gonna save some of the real oddball conspiracies like the information I got on Micheal Moore (was working for the government and left out major obv things in his movie farenheit 9/11). Let me know how good/bad this was so I can make future articles of this nature much better and easier to read. Sorry about the crappy paragraphs [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Conspire`s 9/11 Conspiracies

Hey, nice job. This is the first conspiracy theory article I've ever actually read in its entirety - I like the way your style isn't over-sensational, and you come across as far more sane than most conspiracy theorists!

I guess of all the conspiracy theories 9/11 is the one that interests me the least (because there's been so much saturation of it), but I suppose conversely that makes it the perfect place to start and these threads could have potential if you carry on with them.

I'd never heard the stuff about the FBI providing an Egyptian guy with bomb making equipment. Can you tell us more about it (especially the part where you say the FBI admit to it) and source it please?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were the towers rigged with explosives? (Sup DDY)

[/ QUOTE ]

sup duu

These are pretty interesting, but do you have links to articles/evidence for these?

If you're referring to the puffs of smoke that can be seen in the lower floors as the towers collapse, it sounds like that one has been largely debunked.

A number of engineers said those puffs were actually windows, concrete and drywall being blown out. They said as the building fell, the energy compressed the air in the lower floors. As the air compressed, it began to blow out windows. The floors disintegrated under this pressure before the higher floors got to them.

I'm no structural engineer, but that seems to make sense.

[ QUOTE ]
Did Bush know this attack was going to happen, and if he did how long did he know? The CIA received reports from many many many countries saying that they knew bin laden was planning an attack on america.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is unclear whether or not Bush knew, but I thought it was pretty much accepted that the US intelligence community and the CIA in particular, knew that Bin Laden was planning attacks on the US. They were aware of Bin Laden and the threat he posed, but did not take it seriously enough.

[ QUOTE ]
A few months before the attack Indian and Pakistan diplomats went public stating that U.S. forces were massing outside of Afghanistan.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is extremely interesting if you could cite a reliable source

[ QUOTE ]
On 9/11 there were war game exercises taking place (a plane hijacking scenario) many of our fighter jets were doing these exercises (some of which took place in alaska). There were only 8 jets that were able to respond. Not to mention mass confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there was mass confusion. How well do you remember 9/11 and more importantly, how things were in this country before that day? How old were you at the time?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:17 PM

DDY I have many different videos that I got most of this from, If u want me to I will post the links. Im in the middle of a poker session right now. I will answer some of your questions in a few hours. In the meantime I guess check out this site. www.prisonplanet.com
Old 08-21-2007, 08:18 PM

cool, I think posting the links would help.

Also, I would be curious to see how reliable the evidence in these videos is.

I keep an open mind with these conspiracy theories, but time and again, they just don't stand up. I'm over-generalizing, but most of these theories are conveniently selective about underlying data/support. It also seems like 98% of the authors and supporters of these theories fall into a two categories:
[*]college students that while not stupid, lack the experience and training to properly evaluate information and draw conclusions.
[*]authors/radio hosts that have a clear agenda to sell books/boost ratings

Bottom line is that the authors/supporters of these theories are not seasoned investigators, auditors, subject matter experts, etc. etc. Time and again it is shown that their theories are based on incomplete or selective information.

Like I said, I keep an open mind, but I am very skeptical. It takes a lot to convince me.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:24 PM

what makes you believe United 93 landed?? And if it did, what happened to the plane and the people on it?

While I don't believe any of this conspiracy stuff, I do approve of your avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I keep an open mind, but I am very skeptical. It takes a lot to convince me.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...I've looked at various aspects of 9/11 conspiracy theories, on and off, and I've never seen one that's really impressed me. I think it's possible (and probable) that intelligence may have seen signs of a potential attack, but nothing specific or on this scale.

Incidentally, I read a blogger from the (UK) Guardian who suggested that some of these conspiracy theorists may be working for or supporting G.W. Bush in order to keep people from concentrating on how the war in Iraq is going. That in itself is a conspiracy theory, of course, and not all that believable, but no less so that some of the 9/11 theories.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:21 PM

I remember hearing alot or sizeable number of important types were absent from work that day (who worked at the WTC)

Salmon Rushdie was one of the names mentioned. Apparantley he was told to stay away by some other important type. Although its never been explained (to me anyway) why he would be there. Or, for that matter, why he would be considered more important than the next guy.

- Anyone hear about that?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cool, I think posting the links would help.

Also, I would be curious to see how reliable the evidence in these videos is.

I keep an open mind with these conspiracy theories, but time and again, they just don't stand up. I'm over-generalizing, but most of these theories are conveniently selective about underlying data/support. It also seems like 98% of the authors and supporters of these theories fall into a two categories:
[*]college students that while not stupid, lack the experience and training to properly evaluate information and draw conclusions.
[*]authors/radio hosts that have a clear agenda to sell books/boost ratings

Bottom line is that the authors/supporters of these theories are not seasoned investigators, auditors, subject matter experts, etc. etc. Time and again it is shown that their theories are based on incomplete or selective information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arent the people who originally reported what happened in 9/11 in this same category though. They are basically looking out for whats best for their ratings, whats best for them, and not causing controversey that could get them killed. I look at George W. Bush as the best example of what u have stated here. U gotta remember that the government is capable of real crazy [censored], and a lot of stuff is done that we dont know about. These conspiracy theories will never become cold hard fact because if they really are the truth, the people that are in power are not going to let it BECOME the truth. The story has been told and the 9/11 commission report has been publicly released (even though it is missing pages, and took over a year).

Here is a good video that supports what I stated, and also supports how much info bush had b4 the attack, and the war game exercises one. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9&hl=en-GB

I will post some more links shortly. I will answer your first post DDY, Nick thanks for the compliment. Dominic Im not sure if the answer is in this video that I linked, but I assure u I will give details as to why I believe that Flight 93 was not shot down and landed safely.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember hearing alot or sizeable number of important types were absent from work that day (who worked at the WTC)

Salmon Rushdie was one of the names mentioned. Apparantley he was told to stay away by some other important type. Although its never been explained (to me anyway) why he would be there. Or, for that matter, why he would be considered more important than the next guy.

- Anyone hear about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have, for 2 weeks prior to the attack there were drug dogs and security everywhere. The day of the attack there were no dogs, and hardly any security. Also a bunch of high political officials were told not to fly on 9/11.