Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker enforces new law designed to exploit problem gamblers.

I had this happen once too. Just call them and do what Mike Haven suggested or just reason with them and said you didn't know about any restrictions.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:45 AM

i'll play it off for you for 50%
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 AM

& what's the scope of the problem? How much are they saying you have left to wager before you'll be allowed to cash out?

If we're talking about $10 or something minor, play for 20 mins and meet the requirements. If we're talking thousands, go with the 'problem gambler' line & close your account.

But I don't think ignorance of the rules is a defence...
Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 AM

I had a similar problem, which started with inter-player transfers a while back. Basically I was staking a friend of mine in MTT's, and we agreed at the end of each day he would ship me my %.

This was fine, until one day I tried to cash out, and they rejected it. I phoned up Party, and basically said you can't cash out as you have only just received funds via a transfer. I was honest and said what the arrangement was, and they told me that kind of arrangement was definitely not on. The told me that the only reason for inter-account transfers was to give money to a broke players. They then stated that I had to play x number of hands before they would release my money.

When I challenged it they started to bring up all the times I had cashed in then straight out for a reload bonus etc, and said you shouldn't have been doing that either.

Basically I think they use these tactics if they think you are abusing their systems.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, while the second part of your post is an outright lie and needs no response, please feel free to elaborate on this:

[ QUOTE ]
The reason they do this is because they pay hefty fee's for you to deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly how much is the fee to transfer from neteller to party per $100 deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere between 2-3% depending on volume.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a similar problem, which started with inter-player transfers a while back. Basically I was staking a friend of mine in MTT's, and we agreed at the end of each day he would ship me my %.

This was fine, until one day I tried to cash out, and they rejected it. I phoned up Party, and basically said you can't cash out as you have only just received funds via a transfer. I was honest and said what the arrangement was, and they told me that kind of arrangement was definitely not on. The told me that the only reason for inter-account transfers was to give money to a broke players. They then stated that I had to play x number of hands before they would release my money.

When I challenged it they started to bring up all the times I had cashed in then straight out for a reload bonus etc, and said you shouldn't have been doing that either.

Basically I think they use these tactics if they think you are abusing their systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party's p2p system is pretty tight, but also flawed. I agree that players should be required to play a certain number of hands or generate so much rake before they can cash out, but disallowing players to transfer for any other reason other than to loan other players who go broke would very likely reduce revenue.

One of the most common reasons that people do p2ps is because people have difficulty putting money on the site or just do not want to set up a processor to do so. P2P makes it much easier.

And yes, don't bother challenging them. You'd figure that after generating thousands in rake for them that they would treat their players with a little more respect and give them some credit. No, instead they go and find how you've managed to abuse a withdrawal system that they designed which I state again is flawed.

Lawrence
Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell them that you are a problem gambler and you want to have your account closed permanently.

That might work for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could work. The good news about using this method is that Party will most likely reopen the account upon request from the player.

Lawrence
Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker postpones my cashout.

standard

party needs this rules to protect themselves from excessive fees
Old 08-11-2007, 01:49 AM

Strange that Party is enforcing these restrictions considering they are making money on the exchange rate AND charging a cashout fee. In light of the above you'd think we'd be able to deposit and then withdraw without any playthrough.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:50 AM

They could allow customers to withdraw without having completed the requirements for an extra charge.