Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 08-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: sigh, yves

[ QUOTE ]
I know very little about Yves except that he is close in real life with a few of my friends like Vanessa, Prevaricator, etc. Have any of you talked with Yves directly, or one of his friends that you happen to be close with to see if you can reason with him? Everyone says he is the coolest guy in real life, if he is really that cool then surly he must be able to come to a reasonable middle ground if he gets some outside input? He is looking for attention, maybe we should give him some?

of course I could also be wrong... but all could work out just fine with a simple phone call to make amends. This worked with Dan Bright, didnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT,

I am told the same, that his online persona is NOTHING like him IRL.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM

His online persona was not always that way. Back when I regged he was a very solid strategy poster and didn't make any waves outside of what was SSNL/MSNL. Obviously, college or something else has changed him. Ed, have you asked any of those guys to just talk to him and try to get him to at least attempt to reform?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:57 PM

E,

"I am told the same, that his online persona is NOTHING like him IRL."

Um, wasn't this the dude who had pics posted of him doing lines of coke off a naked whore or something?

If so, seems like his RL persona matches his online one perfectly!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

My impression is that people love Yves for exactly the reasons that make him so consistantly banned. Fun guy, but horrible fit for a moderated message board run by a publishing company.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

he is v funny but basically his style of funniness (HEY LET'S BUMP EVERY THREAD EVER MADE BY THIS GUY and LET'S SEE HOW CLOSE I CAN GET TO SAYING THE WORD N***ER IN EVERY THREAD WITHOUT GETTING BANNED) makes it v difficult to control the masses effectively.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
E,

"I am told the same, that his online persona is NOTHING like him IRL."

Um, wasn't this the dude who had pics posted of him doing lines of coke off a naked whore or something?

If so, seems like his RL persona matches his online one perfectly!

[/ QUOTE ]

El d,

I am told he is acutally pretty smart and sane and normal, outside of that incident, which was in part contrived by his online persona.

42it,

I tried talking to Baluga about it once or twice, but its hte summer and hence they arent really in contact. Once school starts again I can try again.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:46 PM

are you saying there's something wrong with doing coke off a hooker?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know very little about Yves except that he is close in real life with a few of my friends like Vanessa, Prevaricator, etc. Have any of you talked with Yves directly, or one of his friends that you happen to be close with to see if you can reason with him? Everyone says he is the coolest guy in real life, if he is really that cool then surly he must be able to come to a reasonable middle ground if he gets some outside input? He is looking for attention, maybe we should give him some?

of course I could also be wrong... but all could work out just fine with a simple phone call to make amends. This worked with Dan Bright, didnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT,

I am told the same, that his online persona is NOTHING like him IRL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed - we obviously hear the same about Yves - which makes me think that reaching out to him might be the best solution so Gild doesn't have to deal with his shenanigans anymore. Lets try to make a short list of people who can help reach Yves, intermediary friends of his who we trust, who can arrange a phone call with one of us (Ryan?) to help break down the walls of miscommunication. Gild needs help here, as a team if we try I think we can reign Yves in.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 AM

Honestly guys, Yves' behavior off of these boards is totally unimportant. If/when someone "reaches out" to him (though to my knowledge he's been contacted by basically all the mods in level headed, concise manners), he's going to be told exactly what he's been told countless times - that he needs to shape up or ship out. He obviously gets that message and doesn't care because he knows there's no effective way of making sure he doesn't come back. He wants the attention, he can get attention, and there's virtually nothing we can do about it. Whenever the accounts become clearly yves, we can nuke them, and that's about it.

That said, I'm all for trying to talk some sense in to him, because fewer headaches long run is better. I just don't think that will be the end result.

I'm also certain there's a group of mods that have Yves' AIM contact info, and to my knowledge, which is sparse, he spends time in one of the 2p2 chat rooms, I think MSNL, so one could contact him initially that way.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 AM

I know his lauren_t account is temp banned. Now he's posting under this name in MSNL.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know his lauren_t account is temp banned. Now he's posting under this name in MSNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone gave him a custom title of yves saint?????? Thats a bad decision IMHO, it only encourages the situation as well as others to follow in his footsteps.