Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: 4 large bets

1. horrific spew against a very loose player, you get called by numerous combinations of twopair/set/straight bc ur range looks really FOS here as better made hands like set/str8 will slow down and a str8 is not fastplaying that turn a high enough % of the time, and a small/medium % of the time a one pair + draw hand better than urs (j9) makes the call for the same reason (I Put U ON AK)

2. threebet preflop wtff, and it doesnt matter what you rep because the board is semicoordinated and lags get stubborn to the point where anything deemed overbet can constitute a brave call with one pair

3. now you threebet, i dont nor do i like it against a loose player with 80bb when u have a "tight image". to a newer player your line looks incredibly bluffy, since people don't believe players are capable of making thin valuebets with AQ or KK here on the river, but rather you are just as apt to have AK here as A4, so here we go with KQ *closes eyes*

hand 4 - this is the only one that doesnt suck imo, tho id prefer villain be thinking enough to realize that a flush is the same as top pair here, bc i think u never shove a bare two and ur range is basically boat+air.

i really hate the way u work this into your standard "quiet tag" strategy because it's a device most oftenly used for value against a player who cant make a big fold, and in ur situations ur describing certain players on certain board textures who are not apt to make big folds (except hand 4).
Old 07-25-2007, 12:21 PM

isura is a man
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isura is a man

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN STRAIGHT