Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $11.40
UTG+1: $8.50
hero: $17.45
Button: $4.05
SB: $9.80
BB: $4

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $0.45</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.05, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.4</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.85, 3 players)
UTG checks, hero checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.85, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2.5</font>, hero doesn't understand

Villain was 26/12/1.8 roughly at this point. I'm 24/16/2.2 roughly. My small c-bets were working quite well at this point so thats how I explain the flop bet. I don't get how he check-raises me on the river... any ideas?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: NL10 AT strange re-raise

awww c'mon
Old 07-21-2007, 09:08 PM

You make a good, thin value bet on the river and get c/r. Fold. He probably had something like Qdxd and hit the bd flush.

Oh, and bet more on flop too. Jeez that's tiny. You want your cbets to be higher because you want your average bet to be higher (assuming it's more often for value than your opponents) to make pots bigger so that you make more money. When in doubt, always put more more than less into your bets.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:09 PM

make a real bet on the flop.. like 0.7-1
and fold the river.. with 26/12/1.8 stats.. he doesnt look like a donk at all.
i personally will check behind his river.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:44 AM

Thanks for the replies. But I guess the issue is whether to check or value bet. One of you think it is good and other disagrees. I folded and didn't feel to bad about it, but was perplexed as to why if he had a legit hand he c/r river?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. But I guess the issue is whether to check or value bet. One of you think it is good and other disagrees. I folded and didn't feel to bad about it, but was perplexed as to why if he had a legit hand he c/r river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of donks do that. They slowplay their good hands and when they see you have something, they raise you... Too little too late.

Give a set to 2 passive donks and they could both check every streets thinking they're giving the other guy a chance to hit a little something.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of donks do that. They slowplay their good hands and when they see you have something, they raise you... Too little too late.

Give a set to 2 passive donks and they could both check every streets thinking they're giving the other guy a chance to hit a little something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true...I've even seen set vs set check flop,turn and river thru(river brought a FD)...