Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 3, Thur., July 12 **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one comes over a 3-bet with air. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh this is incorrect, you arent very familiar with deep multis are you? There's a somewhat famous MTTF PCA hand with Antonius vs. Junglen where Junglen 3 bets and antonius 4bets with 53. With 2 aggro players its not nearly as uncommon as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on, everyone, the hand under discussion had Khan 4-betting with A6o (or A9o possibly) an amount that was just enough to get himself pot-committed. Either you see what's bad about that or you don't. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any raise of the 3bet commits him, bet sizing doesnt have anything to do with it. All I'm saying is I don't think its that bad if villain is 3betting wide, which it sounds like he was before but wasn't at the time.

cking what action was wrong? I was pretty sure PA opened, AJ 3bets, PA 4bets, AJ calls, incorrect?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bubble was good to me too, tho not as blatantly as Lee. 440k at break

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Michael. It was nice playing with you yesterday. I was the one who's blind you kept stealing on the bubble. But I guess I got you back on the AT vs JJ hand. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] How horrible was that AJ hand that I went out on? I wanted to get my money in there but didn't put him on the flush draw for some reason.

How did you go out? I was on the rail and couldn't quite see the action, but it looked like it got all in PF?

You played great all day and kept crushing that guy in the #10 seat. Congrats on the strong series.

Wei Yan Chan
Old 07-16-2007, 12:59 AM

The hand was misreported by poker news.

Clothier was on the button with a $16,000 TOTAL chip stack after posting and folding the $4,000/2,000/500 blinds and antes the previous two hands. Minieri was splashing around in most the pots, especially bubble pots, with his huge stack. Minieri UTG raised to $12,000. The hand was folded around to Clothier on the button who picked up KhKs. The pot contained $22,500 ($4,000/2,000 blinds with nine $500 antes) with Minieri's raise. Clothier had previously assessed the possibilities of folding into the money. Clothier knew that he would have to pass through the blinds again at least once before the bubble ended. If the big blind hit him a second time, he was out without winning a showdown. Folding into the money was possible, perhaps likely, but far from certain.

With Mineri's LAG play, Clothier belived an all in move on the button with KK would help solidify a place in the money and also allow for some spare chips to pick up a hand or two after the money. Clothier moves all in for $16,000. Wild in the small blind calls with QcQd. Not surprisingly, Minieri calls the additional $4,000. The pot is now $56,500.

The hand is then checked to the river. River is Kc. Wild, a huge 5/4 to 1 dog the whole way, runner runner rivers the nut flush. Wild bets the river. Minieri folds, admitting he has no club AND no Ace. Any river card but a Q or club nets Clothier a $56,500 pot.

With 20/20 hindsight, this was 4 of 14 bubble hands. If Clothier folds KK and isn't the #4 hand elimmination, how many more hands does it go past 15?. With 15 hands Clothier folds into the money with Approximatetely $5,000, good for 5 more hands untill his big blind. However, If Clothier wins the pot as a monster favorite, he's stacked at $56,500, cashing and looking for another double up in the money. This was not a donk all in river bet. It was a preflop all in bad beat.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Bad, Bad River Card

After Dario Minieri raised under the gun, Robert Clothier re-raised to 16,000 and both Richard Wild in the small blind and Minieri chose to call. The three players checked the 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop and the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn, but wh[/b]en the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell on the river Wild led out for 12,000.<font color="red"> Clothier moved all-in</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
god this hand makes me wish I had 10k$ to risk... these people suck

[/ QUOTE ]The hand was misreported by poker news.

Clothier was on the button with a $16,000 TOTAL chip stack after posting and folding the $4,000/2,000/500 blinds and antes the previous two hands. Minieri was splashing around in most the pots, especially bubble pots, with his huge stack. Minieri UTG raised to $12,000. The hand was folded around to Clothier on the button who picked up KhKs. The pot contained $22,500 ($4,000/2,000 blinds with nine $500 antes) with Minieri's raise. Clothier had previously assessed the possibilities of folding into the money. Clothier knew that he would have to pass through the blinds again at least once before the bubble ended. If the big blind hit him a second time, he was out without winning a showdown. Folding into the money was possible, perhaps likely, but far from certain.

With Mineri's LAG play, Clothier belived an all in move on the button with KK would help solidify a place in the money and also allow for some spare chips to pick up a hand or two after the money. Clothier moves all in for $16,000. Wild in the small blind calls with QcQd. Not surprisingly, Minieri calls the additional $4,000. The pot is now $56,500.

The hand is then checked to the river. River is Kc. Wild, a huge 5/4 to 1 dog the whole way, runner runner rivers the nut flush. Wild bets the river. Minieri folds, admitting he has no club AND no Ace. Any river card but a Q or club nets Clothier a $56,500 pot.

With 20/20 hindsight, this was 4 of 14 bubble hands. If Clothier folds KK and isn't the #4 hand elimmination, how many more hands does it go past 15?. With 15 hands Clothier folds into the money with Approximatetely $5,000, good for 5 more hands untill his big blind. However, If Clothier wins the pot as a monster favorite, he's stacked at $56,500, cashing and looking for another double up in the money. This was not a donk all in river bet. It was a preflop all in bad beat.

What would 2+2 have done with the KK?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Bad, Bad River Card

After Dario Minieri raised under the gun, Robert Clothier re-raised to 16,000 and both Richard Wild in the small blind and Minieri chose to call. The three players checked the 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop and the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn, but wh[/b]en the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell on the river Wild led out for 12,000.<font color="red"> Clothier moved all-in</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading this correctly, it was a very easy push preflop with the KK. Shame it didn't work out.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Bubble Hand: What would you have done?

I thought this was an interesting hand for more 2+2 opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Bad, Bad River Card

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading this correctly, it was a very easy push preflop with the KK. Shame it didn't work out.

[/ QUOTE ]