Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Summer \'07 TV Discussion

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding other summer shows, the only thing I've seen was some ad for "Age of Love." Premise being it's like The Bachelor, except with two groups of women - one in their twenties, the other in their forties - vying for a thirty year old guy. WTF? Unless they hire idiotic bitch so-so looking twenties chicks and hot as fire super rich forty-year-olds, this seems incredibly ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously though that's what would make this great, a bunch of super hot ditzy slutty sorority girls and sexy successful smart women.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Just ran into this trailer on AMC for their new show called MAD MEN; looks potentially interesting. Elisabeth Moss and Vincent Kartheiser are two actors that I've enjoyed on some great shows before, and honestly, I fell in love the instant that that Amy Winehouse song started playing.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:57 AM

wow mad men looks sick.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam,

Regarding other summer shows, the only thing I've seen was some ad for "Age of Love." Premise being it's like The Bachelor, except with two groups of women - one in their twenties, the other in their forties - vying for a thirty year old guy. WTF? Unless they hire idiotic bitch so-so looking twenties chicks and hot as fire super cool forty-year-olds, this seems incredibly ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy in it is Mark Phillipousis (sp?), the formerly world ranked tennis dude.

Maybe this guy is ideal for this concept, since he might be sick of banging hot 20 year old chicks.

I'll probably give it a token viewing since I'm mildly intrigued.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:07 PM

I will be watching Pirate Master. I need to balance my Netflixed "The Wire" DVDs with something, and PIRATE MASTER seems perfect. So far it's shaping up to be a floating Zimbardo Stanford prison experiment. The first episode featured a guy whose undertitle was "Scientist/Exotic Dancer." The captain has eleven first names. The dreadlocked pirate roberts has a beard made by Cinnabon. The freaking show is called PIRATE MASTER! Regular people are running around saying stuff like, "But now I'm a pirate, so I have to get used to it, " and they mean it. And: Christian Okoye! It's PIRATE MASTER.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:02 PM

I really like Top Chef for some reason, even though the second season kinda failed to meet my expectations. I'm looking forward to the all-star competition on June 6th, and can't wait for the new season on the 13th. I'm such a pathetic Top Chef devotee that I'll watch these episodes a good five times each.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just ran into this trailer on AMC for their new show called MAD MEN... Elisabeth Moss... Vincent Kartheiser...

[/ QUOTE ]
and I thought I recognized Christina Hendricks (from Firefly) in the trailer they showed this morning, but it didn't show up on her imdb page.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:03 PM

i can not understand how everybody in a "sophisticated" forum enjoys watching reality tv...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:51 PM

For those who are fans of Aardman Animation ("Wallace & Gromit"), CBS is premiering "Creature Comforts" tonight at 8/7 CT. "Creature Conforts" was Nick Park's first Oscar winning short back in 1989 and basically takes people saying ordinary things and applies them to claymation animals. The series adapts that concept. Here's an example from the Wash Post review this morning:

"Creature Comforts" opens tonight on a slightly crude note, but it's hard not to laugh. The voices of two men, apparently recorded at a wine tasting, are given to a pair of dogs sniffing a third dog where dogs generally sniff each other.

"It smells pretty ripe," the dog says earnestly. "I'm getting medium to dark notes. Also, kind of a dry fruit character to it."

That sounds like it has potential.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:57 PM

sam,

Reunited: RW LV Reunion has potential.

Just saw an ad for Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel. This looks like it could be really good.