Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 08:47 AM

Default 25NL - TT overpair, facing resistance

I have no reads. This is within my first 10 hands at the table. Villain hasn't done anything that has drawn my attention.

I feel like I misplayed this, but I don't exactly know where. By the turn, it was pretty obvious to me that I was beat.

Note: Flop bet was a misclick. I intended to bet $4.

Should I have folded to the flop minraise? The 3bet preflop? Or should I have stayed in the hand and gone to the felt with my overpair? My analysis, once the turn bet comes, is that villain has a big pocket pair. I'm confident that that's the case, but could I have figured this out any earlier against an unknown?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">HERO (SB): $36.25</font>
<font color="black">BB: $25.40</font>
BTN: $18.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> HERO is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T (3 Players)
BTN folds, <font color="red">HERO raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.50</font>, HERO calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5) 4 2 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">HERO bets $2.75</font> <font color="green">[misclick]</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.50</font>, HERO calls $2.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
HERO checks, <font color="red">BB bets $5</font>, HERO folds

Pot Size: $21 ($0.75 Rake)
Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: 25NL - TT overpair, facing resistance

I think you are up against a higher pair taking you to value town. There's not really any threat on the board, so your opp is keeping you in there. He bet less than 1/3 pot on the turn...he doesn't seem to worried.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are up against a higher pair taking you to value town. There's not really any threat on the board, so your opp is keeping you in there. He bet less than 1/3 pot on the turn...he doesn't seem to worried.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. That was my analysis as well. What I'm really wondering here is if there's any way I could have reached this conclusion any earlier in the hand and saved some monies.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:33 AM

If anything, you could fold to the min flop raise....though I don't feel great about it. But, that's prob where you had to make a decision as to if you were ahead or behind. I think you had to bet the flop though.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anything, you could fold to the min flop raise....though I don't feel great about it. But, that's prob where you had to make a decision as to if you were ahead or behind. I think you had to bet the flop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about folding to the flop minraise as misclicked played. I would also c/call flop though - gets a bet if was doing this with overcards/junk.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM

I semi disgree on this hand. While the is a chance you are behind i'm not so sure that you are. You are playing three handed so card values are increased. So whats to say, he doesn't have AK AQs AJs and just doesn't put you on anything?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 AM

why are you donkbetting this flop? what is that going to accomplish except folding out hands you beat and getting called or raised by better hands.

i like c/c lead non A turn.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you donkbetting this flop? what is that going to accomplish except folding out hands you beat and getting called or raised by better hands.

i like c/c lead non A turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this except I'm leading an A turn. If we're called there, it's fine to shut down.