Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 100/200 A4o on the button

[ QUOTE ]
good post dcifr. you said getting 5.25 to 1, we are now calling the turn as well?? i dont understand this. if we are getting 5.25 to 1 on the flop, aren't we getting much worse than this on the turn? also, don't we have to discount the aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

since we have an ace, it's less likely our opponent does. further, witht he blind defenses as they are, any single suited or unsuited combination of any of those pairs on board that opp defends with will play like this making 'discounting our aces' a very small discount. like a fractin of an out. further, i didn't take into account the times he gives up on river and we win unimproved Ahigh.

i was counting the times he bets the river and we improve and either call or raise. those times he checks we win a huge chunk of them unless he's inducing w/ a favorable turn/river card combo to do so.

Barron
Old 09-15-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: 100/200 A4o on the button

"why are you taking a free turn in the last scenario?'

Yeah that is not correct, it should read bet turn, check river. And also to address one of the questions from OP, I just don't see how there is a "right" line here, even if you have not played any hands with an online opponent. Unless your game is built around getting someone to lean a certain way (which it might very well be, but then the choice depends on your style).