were married to a friend 13 4.23%
had divorced a friend 46 14.98%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2006, 01:29 AM

Default Re: MFSoaMFP Opening

"Oh great. Snakes on crack!!"
Old 08-18-2006, 01:30 AM

GO SEE THIS MOVIE THIS WEEKEND WHILE THE CROWDS ARE AWESOME.

-That's good news... snakes on crack!
Old 08-18-2006, 01:31 AM

*********Possible spoilers*********************
I also just got back from seeing it. My experience was much like what Emmitt2222 posted. One look around a very decent crowd and you could tell how the experience was going to be. The whole theater had fun with it but no one was to the extent of over doing it. I laughed a couple times til my eyes watered. "get this [censored] snake off my dick"... priceless.

The movie was actually a loy better than I though it would be. It was cheesy in all the right places. The CGI snakes were horrible but somehow you could hardly pay attention to that. I called for some full frontal nudity in the movie during my pre SOAP party and was wasn't entirely disappointed. The a decent looking chick with bis ass boobies that shows them off. Then she gets smoked in the nipple by a snake. LMAO!

The dialogue was realy good. Some good 1-liners and some well timed funny stuff that kept you watching with a smile just long enough to get some snakes on screen. It had a decent amount of suspense and at one point I jumped out of my seat. My nerves are pretty good too. It's been a while since I jumped during a movie and I had to have gotten at least 4 inches out of my seat. And lets not forget the acting. Well... lets just forget about that.

Mr. Jackson put on a good show and the movie managed to keep me entertained the whole time. That's move that I can say about a few other movies I saw in the theater. My final say is that if you're lucky enough to see it with a crowd willing have some fun with it you'll surely have a good time. Go see it. (That is if you're caught up in the hoopla about it.)

***disclaimer- Pre SOAP party involved intoxicants that may have altered the perception of this film.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:32 AM

The part where Samuel delivers the titular line alone was worth the $8 for the crowd experience.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:33 AM

The beginning of the movie was great. The crowd was pretty rowdy through the previews. A lot of good one liners from the crowd. Once teh movie started there were about 5 people in the theater that thought they paid to enjoy a movie in peace and quiet. Their calls for people to shut the hell up lasted about 3 minutes until the realized they were the minority. Overall great experience. Again, go see it this weekend while the crowds are into it. Drinking a lot of beer bofore hand definitely helped a lot too.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:16 AM

Some sweet reviews are popping up.

This is from the Detroit News

[ QUOTE ]
After all the hype preceding this film, you'd think there might be some letdown, but there's not. "Snakes on a Plane" is every bit as ridiculous, violent, slithery, clichid and dumb-bunny brilliant as you imagined it might be. Anyone who says it bites just isn't getting the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Article *Some Spoilers
Old 08-18-2006, 02:48 AM

I can really say, without 1 bit of sarcasm, that SoaP was probably the most fun I've had in a movie theater in a very long time...
Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM

Amazing, simply amazing experience. Definitely a "crowd" movie, could possibly attain Rocky Horror Picture Show cult status (or maybe not).

Out of curiosity, did anyone else find the fact that they had a HUGE [censored] snake eating the British dude unbelievably funny? I couldn't stop laughing for like 2 or 3 minutes after that
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Amazing, simply amazing experience. Definitely a "crowd" movie, could possibly attain Rocky Horror Picture Show cult status (or maybe not).

Out of curiosity, did anyone else find the fact that they had a HUGE [censored] snake eating the British dude unbelievably funny? I couldn't stop laughing for like 2 or 3 minutes after that

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, I just aske this in the other thread, about the 'rocky horror' cult following.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it. Everyone in the theater shouted Sam's signature line, in unison, then whooped wildly for a solid minute.