Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 01-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Re: #8 - Montgomery Clift

I agree.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:27 PM

Default #7 - Charlie Sheen

Son of a hair legend in his own right (Martin Sheen), Charlie Sheen burst on the scene in the mid 80's and made dudes everywhere jealous of his awesome head of hair. Charlie Sheen ranks #7 on my list of great Hollywood hair.

Charlie Sheen in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Charlie stole the film as the street tough in the police station, and made Jennifer Grey feel so physically inferior with his spiky do that she eventually got plastic surgery and completely changed her appearance.

Charlie Sheen in "Major League"

I wish I could find a better picture, but Sheen sported some great clipper artwork on the back of his head in this one. Combined with the black horned rim glasses, he was completely bad ass as Ricky Vaughn.

Charlie Sheen in "Platoon"

I like to call this "The Mushroom". The Filipino humidity frizzes the do out, making it flow out of the bandana like a mushroom cap. Fantastic.

Charlie Sheen in "Wall Street"

Charlie sports the mid-80's slicked stockbroker look. Unfortunately, this effort was completely overwhelmed by a top 5 all-time hairdo, Michael Douglas' Gordon Gekko. Still, serves as a great contrast between the prior film and this next example.

Charlie Sheen in "Men At Work"

The picture doesn't do it justice, but Charlie has a super mullet in this one. Really exemplary. This is a pretty decent dumb flick, btw, with a great (as always) Keith David.

Charlie Sheen in "Hot Shots Part Deux"

Sheen riffs on Stallone's Rambo with this extra-long do. I could not find 100% conclusive evidence, but I'm pretty sure that this is extensions or a wig. But since I am not entirely sure, I included it on the list.

Charlie Sheen in "The Arrival"

Charlie finally breaks out the flat top, and as you can see, he can rock it. No thinning on top whatsoever. Exemplary.

Charlie Sheen, Hollywood Hair Hall of Famer.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: #7 - Charlie Sheen

Sam - Charlie Sheen is not a bad call, but I'm not sure how you justify putting him 3 spots ahead of Kilmer. These 2 are very close IMO.

"Charlie stole the film as the street tough in the police station, and made Jennifer Grey feel so physically inferior with his spiky do that she eventually got plastic surgery and completely changed her appearance."

Haha nice.

-Al
Old 01-18-2006, 04:36 PM

Al - I did not create a specific scoring system, so these were all subjective calls on my part. When I'm done (maybe tomorrow), I'll show you guys my "honorary mention" list, which may stir up additional debate.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al - I did not create a specific scoring system, so these were all subjective calls on my part. When I'm done (maybe tomorrow), I'll show you guys my "honorary mention" list, which may stir up additional debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. Nice job. This is quality posting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Hair Hall Of Fame

Old 01-18-2006, 04:45 PM

As a proud bald man, I have to say, I am green with envy at the awesome power of each new Hairgod. But if the Swayze-master doesn't end up on this list, much blood will be shed in the battle!

khrum,
--GA
Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 PM

Sam - understood. Please continue your fine work in this great thread. I am looking forward to the countdown and honorable mentions list.

Ginger Rogers - This is some good effort but Priestley wouldn't even crack my Top 10 TV Hair list, let alone Top 10 Hollywood List.

-Al
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ginger Rogers - This is some good effort but Priestley wouldn't even crack my Top 10 TV Hair list, let alone Top 10 Hollywood List.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh...but would RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON? I think you know where I am going with this...
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 PM