Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

[ QUOTE ]
and that the only multiaccounters I knew of when I made that thread all quit, except for one who I did not have the screennames of....

[/ QUOTE ]

How coincidental, well thanks for clearing that up once you finally understood the question. Guess I got told...
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
G2cu,
Good post and it was not riddled with spelling errors.

[/ QUOTE ]good post with a couple of spelling errors. i'm not going to nit pick them all. of/have. except/expect.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM

hasn't anyone noticed that there hasnt been a replay of this weeks sunday million...like i said earlier
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
naive question:

how do these people buy even accounts. like for example, if i randomly FT the stars mil, would someone AIM or pm me? (prob not bc i play cash primarily)?

given that line of thinking wherein jjprod or whoever doesnt buy accounts off of randoms, is there some sort of guideline set in place? for example, jjprod and account x make a gentlemen's agreement that if account x has z bb's with y players left, then they will sell it? i cant even imagine most mtt regs even wanting to sell their account that deep in the mil

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently it works something like this

http://www.poker-king.com/poker-king...hp?article=225
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hasn't anyone noticed that there hasnt been a replay of this weeks sunday million...like i said earlier

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you implying?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 PM

Online tournament poker is in very serious trouble. Anyone who still doesn't want to admit it, is either blind, stupid, or cheating.

There was / is too much money to be made for the community to police itself. The anonymity of the internet just assures it will never happen.

Tournaments have been the gateway for all of the fish into online poker. So shut that off, make depsoiting a major hassle, make ever getting your money back a concern (Neteller), add in the fact that poker has lost it's sizzle in popular culture, the golden goose is on life support.

Yeah, really talented players will always have a game to beat, but I hope all of you young guys that postponed your education and careers set yourself up financially.

2 years ago, I could think of 40+ people I knew who played online poker on a regular basis. Now, I know less than 5, and they all are more than competent players.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Online tournament poker is in very serious trouble. Anyone who still doesn't want to admit it, is either blind, stupid, or cheating.

There was / is too much money to be made for the community to police itself. The anonymity of the internet just assures it will never happen.

Tournaments have been the gateway for all of the fish into online poker. So shut that off, make depsoiting a major hassle, make ever getting your money back a concern (Neteller), add in the fact that poker has lost it's sizzle in popular culture, the golden goose is on life support.

Yeah, really talented players will always have a game to beat, but I hope all of you young guys that postponed your education and careers set yourself up financially.

2 years ago, I could think of 40+ people I knew who played online poker on a regular basis. Now, I know less than 5, and they all are more than competent players.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude,join a game right this moment, there are tons of fish, always will be, there is a never ending supply of addicted, terrible players...maybe you're just writing this to make urself feel better bc you suck....the reason i dont know a lotta rec. players now is bc i grad college....i guaruntee every college is full of kids learning bout online poker
Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 AM

Someone who sells their account is cheating every bit as much as someone who buys it.
In both cases they are doing something against t&c's to take money away from their opponents.
It's laughable if anyone says differently.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
naive question:

how do these people buy even accounts. like for example, if i randomly FT the stars mil, would someone AIM or pm me? (prob not bc i play cash primarily)?

given that line of thinking wherein jjprod or whoever doesnt buy accounts off of randoms, is there some sort of guideline set in place? for example, jjprod and account x make a gentlemen's agreement that if account x has z bb's with y players left, then they will sell it? i cant even imagine most mtt regs even wanting to sell their account that deep in the mil

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently it works something like this

http://www.poker-king.com/poker-king...hp?article=225

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy who writes this blog is seriously completely retarded, how does anyone trust these posts for news or even reliable information?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:50 AM

I agree, it's pretty bad. It would be like Jerry Yang and Jamie Gold amassing all those chips at the main event then handing them to a Carlos Mortensen, JC Tran, for example.

The money isn't an excuse either since he could have gotten one of his high stakes friends to offer him insurance, based on chip count, players left. If he got that far, why not just finish it himself?