Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Sporting troll PLO8Killer

[ QUOTE ]
Ok... SE mods are not around it seems. We have numerous mods who post in SE and I think pretty much every regular poster agree this guy needs a good slap around with the ban stick. Do we just move on this or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm around, I've just ignored it cuz its silly how much you guys get your panties in a bunch over a guy like this. Please explain why posts like this deserve a ban other than that he obviously is wrong about manning and the colts sucking.

[ QUOTE ]
Vince Young can't even count to 10, i doubt he can do anything in this game.

If they have to rely on him throwing the ball, they are SCREWED.

Unless they start bribing officials like the Colts, this one is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yes Randy Moss did wonders in Oakland.........

the fact of the matter is, Manning is not as good as we were once led to believe as nfl fans. At first he appeared to be a great nfl qb, but that was only when he was surrounded by pro-bowl weapons. Now that he's even missing a couple pro bowlers, he's playing like garbage. And he still has Reggie Wayne, Addai, and Dallas Clark for the most part.

Unless he is surrounded by studs, Manning is mediocre at best.

it's actually pretty sad. I feel cheated as an nfl fan but it's up to me to point out the truth... and this is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
when you consider the ridiculously biased officials, artificial crowd noise, and the fact that it was new england's worst game of the year..... it really isn't that amazing.

try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

but these type of posts have people outraged and clamoring for him to be banned. The problem is in the sports forum there is a group of posters who clamors for bans and calls people trolls whenever someone posts extremely homeristic points of view or if they don't have a super statistically based view of sports. Are they wrong, biased, sometimes annoying? yes. Are these banworthy offenses? maybe in OOT but not in any other forum on 2+2.

Also, I've started the following thread to hopefully help head off this problem:

link
Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 AM

It's not those posts, it's the posts where whenever you reply to anything he trolls about you being a fanboy or hating the Patriots or whatever ridiculousness. I'm not saying he requires a permanent ban, but at least a PM telling him to cut the crap would be appreciated.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 AM

MEbenhoe,

I think you're just flat wrong if you don't see how a very, very small minority of posters can wreck threads. I'm referring to the threads that get 500 posts in an afternoon, the type that you and Clark can't be expected to police. The type where giving someone a half day ban + a PM would help.

Again, to me it's not about policing to get our rocks off, it's annoyance at a single person allowing an otherwise enjoyable thread to be wrecked. The sad fact of the matter is that people are incapable of using the ignore feature properly or otherwise tuning trolls out; that's part of the reason we're around.

It is kind of tough to participate in a thread where users are looking at me or Jared or zorbie to take action and we can't because it's a violation. The sticky you posted actually makes things more difficult cuz now people are unable to point out the worst violators.

Meh, whatever, you're my nga. By the way, played in a golf tournament last Friday that Bob Uecker was in. His team ended up winning, actually. I don't have much of an opinion on the guy but it was super gay that he wore his bluetooth headset all the way through dinner and the award ceremony. I mean seriously, take that [censored] off, it's not like you've got an important call coming.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
....it's the posts where whenever you reply to anything he trolls about you being a fanboy or hating the Patriots or whatever ridiculousness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you see your own role in this?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....it's the posts where whenever you reply to anything he trolls about you being a fanboy or hating the Patriots or whatever ridiculousness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you see your own role in this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as how I barely ever say anything to him and have done nothing wrong, no.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The sticky you posted actually makes things more difficult cuz now people are unable to point out the worst violators.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't think there has ever been a single post on 2+2 where somebody randomly calling for someone's ban or saying someone was a [censored] poster in a thread was worthwhile at all. The sticky now forces people to point out "the worst violators" in the proper way.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 AM

I agree with the sticky, just that we need something to be done when 90% of posters are calling for someone to be sent off.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the sticky, just that we need something to be done when 90% of posters are calling for someone to be sent off.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at it being 90% of posters. A small vocal group of posters (which happens to largely be amongst the same small group that thinks SE should be modded more like OOT) is not 90% of the sports forum posters. Read the most recent posts in the Assani thread in ATF, you'll even see a couple of the most active SE posters outright saying they think all the complaints that PLO8 should be banned are silly.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Everyone in SE is a troll. It's all a matter of degree.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone in SE is a troll. It's all a matter of degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put actually.