Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-02-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: My little dog >>> pit bull

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a perfect example of why pitbulls suck as pets.

They hate other dogs too much. It's in their genetic makeup to want to rip their throats out. What happens when a 12-year-old is walking their dog and this happens?

Let the flaming by apologist pit owners begin...

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, ditto with German Shepherds. They are simply attack beasts, nobody should own one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The American Pit Bull Terrier has been bred for fighting since their inception as a breed and continues to this day. The German Shepherd was bred as a working dog, ferocity was not a desired and bred for characteristic with this breed as it is with the pit bull.

Ironically, you would have actually made a good point if you had said Rottweiler, that breed along with the Presa canarios are apparently responsible for 3/4's of the serious bites in a major study done from 1982-2006. The author of said study(Merritt Clifton, Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. and Canada, Sept. '82to November 13, '06) has some pointed and rather startling observations about Rotts and Pits:

"If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price."

Clifton continues with an interesting opinion:"Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other animals, if they are to be kept at all."
Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 AM

pit bulls are actually banned in the UK? wtf? in dade county its illegal to own a pit bull?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bul...g_of_pit_bulls

does anyone have any evidence which proves that a pit bull treated humanely, is still more dangerous and likely to attack than other dogs?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 AM

mike vick's pitbull wouldn't stand for that [censored]
Old 10-02-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your dog seems cool, but he is no
George Gay

[/ QUOTE ]

sad story

[/ QUOTE ]

Stories like this make me realize a lot of things about the human race and how much it sucks.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:56 AM

DLK, are you black? I used to have a neighbor who had a Rhodesian Ridgeback (he was Rhodesian/Zimbabwe expat) that was completely docile but went absolutely nuts whenever it saw a black guy.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DLK, are you black? I used to have a neighbor who had a Rhodesian Ridgeback (he was Rhodesian/Zimbabwe expat) that was completely docile but went absolutely nuts whenever it saw a black guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally standard brew
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My dog is black and it was my dog that scared it off.

Oh, and RACIST BAN.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone have any evidence which proves that a pit bull treated humanely, is still more dangerous and likely to attack than other dogs?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that isn't the case, but like someone else mentioned, it's more about the severity of damage that a misbehaved, poorly socialized dog can do. Some breeds are just more capable of maiming or killing. I'm not trying to make a case that they should be illegal to own or whatever, but there are plenty of irresponsible pitbull owners which tends to put people on the defensive.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 PM

Looks like a chihuahua/dachshund mix, my dog looked like that as a puppy: