Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 09-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Adding another table

This may be more suited for another forum, but I'm posting it here because I play FR. I hear a lot of advice and rules of thumb in regards to moving up in limits. The opinions vary, but everyone seems to say you should have somewhere between 15-30 buyins before moving up a level...or something along those lines. What I have never heard, seen, or read is solid advice on what factors should determine when you are ready to add another table to your game at the same level. When do you move from multi-tabling 4 tables to 5, 5 to 6, etc? You may have 20-30 buyins at a level but if you are playing 15 tables at a time, I think everyone would agree your bankroll does not justify it. I would like to get everyone's thoughts on the matter. All advice is appreciated.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Adding another table

When I play 10 tables I need at least 11 BI's. Because I want always to reload. When I cant reload to 100BB I have to close a table or move down.
I like to have at least 15 buy ins when I play 9 tables.

How many tables you should play is a difficult question. Maybe everybody has to find his answer alone.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM

The best way is to just try adding one and see. I struggled when i went to 4 a few years ago, but once i got the hang of it the transition to 6 then 9 then 12 was easy.

If you add another one, and find yourself timing out then drop down. If you finding yourself constantly hitting the 10/15 time warning then you shouldn't be thingking of adding another one until you don't.
Finally, if you were a winning player, but start breaking even/losing playing more tables, then drop down, or at least don't move up till you become a winning player at the number of tables you play
Old 09-26-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best way is to just try adding one and see. I struggled when i went to 4 a few years ago, but once i got the hang of it the transition to 6 then 9 then 12 was easy.

If you add another one, and find yourself timing out then drop down. If you finding yourself constantly hitting the 10/15 time warning then you shouldn't be thingking of adding another one until you don't.
Finally, if you were a winning player, but start breaking even/losing playing more tables, then drop down, or at least don't move up till you become a winning player at the number of tables you play

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice, this is exactly the way to go about it. just one thing to add, dont pressure yourself to play more tables to the point where you start to rush yourself in your decisions. make sure that at the certain number of tables you play, you can still think through hands and make the best decision possible
Old 09-26-2007, 05:39 PM

so is it more of a comfort decision than a BR management issue?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, yes... Eggpie's comments are solid. If you're a winning player your BR shouldn't be as much of a factor, but remember you do have more money at risk, so it's possible to experience a 3+ BI downswing in minutes.

I know it's time to add another table when I'm playing x number of tables and I want to surf the net, read emails, etc.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 PM

absolutely, IMO if youre worried about your bankroll being spread too thin by multi-tabling, then your bankroll is too small, period. i dont think ive played with less than 60 buyins in like a year. i think many players put too much stock in "well i have X buyins, i can now move up" instead of waiting until they are comfortably beating that level
Old 09-26-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, yes... Eggpie's comments are solid. If you're a winning player your BR shouldn't be as much of a factor, but remember you do have more money at risk, so it's possible to experience a 3+ BI downswing in minutes.

I know it's time to add another table when I'm playing x number of tables and I want to surf the net, read emails, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am usually doing all of those, watching baseball, talking to my wife and changing diapers......while my win rate is good I still feel my game is in the "begginng" stages online.