Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Flop Straight, flush hits on turn - line check (25NL - Stars)

Pretty standard fold, right? Also, any comments on my flop bet-sizing would be appreciated.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $18.40
BB: $18.90
UTG: $55.55
MP: $25.20
Hero (CO): $42.80
BTN: $10.85

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 65/8/2.4 over 50 hands, total LP fish</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.25</font>, BB calls $4.25

Turn: ($16.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $10.65</font>, Hero ?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Flop Straight, flush hits on turn - line check (25NL - Stars)

If you raise I think you should raise more. $9, closer to $10. I generally just call the raise expecting to get in on a safe turn against these kinds of players but obviously when the heart hits my heart sinks. But since he is so loose and bad he could have a lot here that you beat. I think 2 pair is as likely as a flush or even just top pair. I certainly call but as i always say I am a station.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM

He minraised, so I'd figure he likes his hand and raise it up to about 9.

I'd call the turn. His all in is less than pot and I don't really see him minraising with a flush draw. He could have AQ, two pair, a set, etc. Even if you're beat your bd flush draw might give you outs.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:46 PM

I don't want to sound like I'm justifying my decision, (which was to fold) but I left out a couple of timing tells. When hero 3bet the flop, villain thought for some time before calling. Then when the flush came, he turbo-pushed. It screamed "flush" to me. Was I wrong to let myself be influenced by these "tells"? How accurate do you all find these timing tells to be?

That may seem a basic question, but I'm just coming back from ~3 months of no poker, and am a bit rusty. And I appreciate the helpful responses.

And it figures that the one damn time I make a hero-fold, I might have been ahead. I hate poker.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to sound like I'm justifying my decision, (which was to fold) but I left out a couple of timing tells. When hero 3bet the flop, villain thought for some time before calling. Then when the flush came, he turbo-pushed. It screamed "flush" to me. Was I wrong to let myself be influenced by these "tells"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually turbo pushes are weaker than they appear. "Strong means weak" or some [censored] like that. Also he probably thinks hes protecting two pair or top pair from a 4th heart/straight card. His turbo push is always getting a turbo call from me.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:04 PM

Yeah re-raise it BIG on the flop when he raises you. He thinks he has something, so make him pay for it.

I think I have to call this turn. The timing is definitely something to think about, but I think I still call. It's really read dependant.