Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-09-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: My DUI Story

[ QUOTE ]
Would it just be ridiculously dumb to do the field sobriety tests? Say you think your prob somewhat over the limit but able to perform the tests very well. If the cop knows youve been drinking will he just say u fail even if you do fine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once they think you have been drinking/you admit it, the tests will pretty much never result in "sorry for the trouble, drive safe!"
Old 09-09-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it just be ridiculously dumb to do the field sobriety tests? Say you think your prob somewhat over the limit but able to perform the tests very well. If the cop knows youve been drinking will he just say u fail even if you do fine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been given a field sobriety test when I was pretty much dead sober (we're talking 2 beers over about a 5 hour period). It was still hard as hell to do sober and I was told I failed, even though I still don't know what I did that caused me to fail.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been given a field sobriety test when I was pretty much dead sober (we're talking 2 beers over about a 5 hour period). It was still hard as hell to do sober and I was told I failed, even though I still don't know what I did that caused me to fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats kinda what i figured. What happened with that?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 7 beers were over a good 5-6 hour period and I am 215 pounds

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true than there is absolutely 0% chance you would blow over .05 let alone legal limit, which makes me think either you are lying about the particulars and/or completely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from someone who rarely drinks anymore (and also at about 215 pounds) I think this amount of alcohol has a good potential for making me blow over .08.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have to have an extremely subpar liver for that to ever happen. Regardless, OP actually had 10 beers over a 5 hour period which is a huge difference from 7 because instead of MAYBE 1 or 2 in your system it's 4 or 5 which is obviously impaired (although you may not "feel" drunk if you drink that often). Either way, yeah OP you are cool for getting off. Congrats high five.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats kinda what i figured. What happened with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

They told me if I called someone to pick me up, they'd let me go home. So I called my roomie up and his father brought him so my roomie was able to drive my car home.

According to the police, I was drunk, which is why they wouldn't let me drive home. HOWEVER, after I called my roomie, they told me to get in my car and move it about 100 yards to a legal parking spot on the street. That was freakin great.

I should have slammed my car into a cop car and sued them for having me move my car when I was "drunk".
Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They told me if I called someone to pick me up, they'd let me go home. So I called my roomie up and his father brought him so my roomie was able to drive my car home.

According to the police, I was drunk, which is why they wouldn't let me drive home. HOWEVER, after I called my roomie, they told me to get in my car and move it about 100 yards to a legal parking spot on the street. That was freakin great.

I should have slammed my car into a cop car and sued them for having me move my car when I was "drunk".

[/ QUOTE ]

you should've told them to either arrest you for DUI or to F off. then go to the station and blow a .02 and hilarity ensues.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 7 beers were over a good 5-6 hour period and I am 215 pounds

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true than there is absolutely 0% chance you would blow over .05 let alone legal limit, which makes me think either you are lying about the particulars and/or completely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, way to spend 2 grand instead of 0
Old 09-09-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should've told them to either arrest you for DUI or to F off. then go to the station and blow a .02 and hilarity ensues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a donk for getting pulled over anyway. I was in a shopping center at 2AM to go to a McDonalds that was open 24/7. After waiting behind the same 4 cars for 20 minutes, I said eff it and left. I blew through a few stop signs in the parking lot since it's 2AM and there wasn't anyone around. This is why I got pulled over in the first place.

So in the end, the only thing that happened to me was I had to call someone to come get me. No DUI crap, no ticket for blowing through the stop signs, so I was just happy to get out of there clean.