Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Sears Wish Book

[ QUOTE ]
I used to lose it when that thing arrived at the house. I sat there and read the entire toy section and made notes on what I wanted.

Its funny that you mentioned the room sets that they had for the action figures. All the freakin GIJoe's would have the most awesome background shots set "outside"

Me and a couple of buddies would try to re-create the locations in the catalog, complete with to-scale streams/logs mounds of dirt etc. A big sand box and access to building materials ruled.

We mostly collected the Star Wars stuff, but also collected a ton of the Shogun Warriors when they were available. Small hard plastic projectiles shot out of the Warriors with the use of springs....so freaking awesome.

So when your room set/back ground was done we'd stand up all of our action figures and use the Shogun Warriors to attack with the long range projectiles that were provided.

Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember having the top middle one, and never knowing what the hell it was (my parents threw out the box/wrapping it came in). It did have the two awesome shoulder missles, and I seem to remember swallowing one when I was like 5.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a friend who had the USS Flagg. It took up like half his basement. It was pretty cool, but the play value was limited. You could only have it attacked so many times before it became a little repetitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to roll up a piece of paper into a ball and play "kickball" with the GI Joe guys. The rule was that only the figure's legs could make contact with the ball of paper, and you'd swing it like a bat, kinda. The bases were about 8 feet apart, and you had to mimic running them by "hopping" the guy along the path a reasonable distance per step. A home run was if it went over the top of the chairs against the wall.

It passed the time in the hospital waiting room one summer. They wouldn't let us kids go into the room where my grandmother was dying, but my mom and her brother wanted to be there every day.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Only use I ever had for a Sears catalog was looking at pictures of women's underwear when I was 12-14.

Sears catalog and National Geographic, those were the days.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Only use I ever had for a Sears catalog was looking at pictures of women's underwear when I was 12-14.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Back in the day of of wonderfully full bush, even the Sears catalog couldn't hide all the "shadows'.......
Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember swallowing one when I was like 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swallowed a few of these.

The local Woolco had these in bigger bulk packages too...
Old 07-24-2007, 09:42 PM

The day the Wish Book came out was the greatest day of the year.

"The most beautiful moment in life, better than a deed, better than a memory, the moment... of anticipation."