Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Custom T-Shirts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are just wanting to do simple text you could buy a screen and some inks and do it yourself, its pretty simple. The quality wont be super awesome, but it will be good enough, you may even enjoy making them. If you want to do complicated stuff like multiple colors and images, your only option is to have someone print them for you. Just google custom tshirts and find the place that will do one shirt the cheapest

[/ QUOTE ]

I googled this topic before posting here, and "silk screening" seems awfully complex. It requires a dark room, photochemicals, etc. Is this what you are talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, you don't need all that [censored]. The process is actually retardedly simple. If you wanna make professional stuff then yeah theres a lot to it. But if you just wanna dick around on your own and make a few shirts all you need is a wooden screen, and a few supplies. Like I said it wont make top shelf work, but it may be something you enjoy doing (or conversely absolutely hate doing, but its like any "Hobby" different strokes for different folks). Are you interested in making them yourself, or do you just wanna fork over some $$ for someone else to put your ideas on the shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to make them myself, but per SS's post, the "quality" process seems pretty involved. If you can point me to a link that explains how to do reasonably effective amateur screen printing, that would be sweet.