Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 PM

Default PLO25 help me please

#####################hand 1#####################

river ok? or bet half bot and fold to rerais?

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.62</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.73, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.63</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.99, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10.99, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: $10.99
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows As 2d 2c Jh </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button shows 5h 5s Qh Jd </font>

#####################hand 2#####################

want to check-raise the turn, shoud i bet the turn?
river board paired, did'nt want to rerais, ok?

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $1.45</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $2</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($7.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $6.9</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $21.05
<font color="#ffffff">MP3 shows 9c 7h 8d Js </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Kc Td Qd Jd </font>

#####################hand 3#####################

preflop ok?

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4.6</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $11.25</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $3.1</font>.
Uncalled bets: $3.55 returned to Hero.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $17.45)

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($17.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $17.45)

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($17.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $17.45)

Results:
Final pot: $17.45
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Ad Kh Ah 4d </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button shows Ks 9d 2s Kd </font>

#####################hand 4#####################

standart??

Party Poker
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.75, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $1.7</font>, 2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $2.8</font>, MP3 folds.
Uncalled bets: $3.5 returned to Hero.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $12.45)

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($12.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $12.45)

Results:
Final pot: $12.45
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Tc 2h 6h Td </font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG+1 shows Ah As 2s 9d </font>

#########################

thank you for your help....
Old 05-31-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: PLO25 help me please

hand #1 I think the preflop raise is terrible unless you are playing 8ob. Once you flop a set bet it hard don't fear runner runner draws too much when they called you all the way. You need to put some sort or value bet on the river there.

Hand #2 preflop is fine, the call on the flop is fine. The check on the turn is bad. Don't slowplay a straight on the turn with a potential 4 flush out there, bet at least half the pot. The call on the river is correct.

Hand # 3 I think you player perfectly.

Hand # 4 I also think you played that one very well.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand #1 I think the preflop raise is terrible unless you are playing 8ob. Once you flop a set bet it hard don't fear runner runner draws too much when they called you all the way. You need to put some sort or value bet on the river there.

Hand #2 preflop is fine, the call on the flop is fine. The check on the turn is bad. Don't slowplay a straight on the turn with a potential 4 flush out there, bet at least half the pot. The call on the river is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reads are very valuable in a lot of these situations.
Hand #1 keep pumping that set. He put in such a pussy bet if you're going to check there it's for the c/r, especially if hes gonna throw in a gimp bet like that. check river, look up a reasonable bet.
Hand #2 is very read Dependant. Will the raiser cont bet on that board? Does he most likely have aces? I think going for the c/r there is fine, but betting out is also good. Also, bet pot, nothing less. We're leading out because we want to get in our money ahead, why are we juicing the pot with a half pot bet when there's draws brewing and a likely set in the villains hand? River call is good and if you don't have any idea how this guy plays, it's a good spot to become familiar with what he'll play and how he'll play it.
Everything else is seksi.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:33 PM

First, always show stack sizes if you want good replies.

Hand 1: fold pre-flop, and raising is awful. You'll have a hard time representing the nuts on the river, check-call and bet-fold are both reasonable lines here with a mediocre hand. Also, WTF is wrong with villain here?

Hand 2: Bet the turn. The turn is possibly the most profitable street in PLO, don't waste it unless you have a very good reason. On the river, your hand is far too weak to consider re-raising and the call is opponent dependent, but given his wimpy flop bet, the call is probably correct.

Hand 3: It's never wrong to get all-in pre-flop with double suited aces.

Hand 4: Villain's stack is waaaay to short for you to consider folding. You played it fine.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:28 PM

1. Fold that garbage preflop. As played, don't be wuss, pot that turn.
2. Fine.
3. Perfect.
4. Yup, standard.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:19 AM

thank you very much for your help...
tomorrow I will recieve slotbooms book [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]