Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 04-07-2007, 12:00 AM

Default I want OLDBOY spoilers

was just watching this movie and a scratch on the disk meant i couldn't see the end of it. I was getting a little bored with it to be honest and don't want to wait to get another disk. so someone please give me a reasonably detailed synopsis of the ending.

The last scene I saw has the lead character (I am really bad at remembering names in subtitled flicks) in a school running after the girl who is apparently about to die.

PS - I didn't think this film was as great as some people make it out to be. The one fight scene with the long single tracking shot is one of the best I have ever seen though.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: I want OLDBOY spoilers

Not exactly sure where u left off but basically: hero and villian went to high school together. In high school hero witnesses villain getting it on with his sister, spreads rumor which drives villains sister to commit suicide spawning villains complex revenge. His revenge included drugging hero and girl from restaurant to erase their memories and manipulates them into meeting each other and having secks. But gasp!!! Girl from restaurant is actually hero's daughter!! Villain tells hero this and sends a box with this revelation to heros daughter. Hero begs like a sad dog to villain to not let her open box. Villain does not let her open the box and thus she still does not know that she rode her own fathers bologna poney. Villain feels as if his revenge is complete anyways and shoots himself in the head. Hero goes into state of shock/quiet insanity. The end.

imo, slightly overrated also. Fight scene was def nice though. Critics make too much out of it being a "glimpse into how a man loses his humanity" etc etc.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:11 AM

had a feeling it was his daughter untill they screwed. then i wasnt sure if the director was gonna go there or not.

also there didnt seem to be any clues that he had lost his memory. kind of silly to just spring that on us.

i would equate it to requiem for a dream. too many scenes and ideas seemingly thrown in just for shock value and the major thematic ideas are somewhat cliched and tired.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM

if u enjoyed OLDBOY(i didn't), u might also want to check out "hello, mr. vengeance" and "sympathy for lady vengeance." the director wanted to make revenge trilogy.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM

i wasn't a huge fan, like i said. it had a fight scene that i really liked, and the beginning was good at creating tension. after that i felt like it was pretty cliched and not that great.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 AM

I thought it went to craptown with the whole back in high school, overly complicated revenge plot. I enjoyed it a lot more before we knew what was going on.