Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Please help me plan trip to HP Pavilion

I'm heading down to the bay area this Friday to meet a friend, and then we are driving down to San Jose on Saturday to watch the NCAA West Regional Finals (hopefully Kansas v UCLA). Here's the problem, neither of us has really ever been to San Jose (he is a first year at UCB), so I need some help with planning of the trip.

1. There are two games on Saturday, one which we will be watching at HP pavalion, and the other I would like to watch in a sports bar somewhere. Two things, are there any good sports bar(ish) places near HP? Isn't it right next to some campus? More importantly, my friend is not 21 yet, so i'd have to be a place that doesnt require you to be 21.

2. Parking. If i'm planning on staying to watch the 2nd game at some sports bar, id be nice to find a place to park for the whole day and then just walk/bus to where we need to go next ... i think the parking at HP is only for the duration of the event, so is there another place i should park (on campus?)?

ok thats all i can think of for now ... any other suggestions on what to do while in San Jose are appreciated! (Bay101 is 21+ right? that sucks ...)
Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Please help me plan trip to HP Pavilion

I work in mountain view and go to some sharks games and stuff. I would say park in one of the downtown garages that charges a flat fee for the day.

There is a sports bar 2 blocks from HP towards downtown called Brittania Arms. I kinda dig this place and you dont have to be 21 to get in. Good food, good drinks, tons of big screens and sports memorabilia.

Bay101 is 21+, bummer.

gimmie some tickets. how did you get yours?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:38 PM

got my tickets on ebay. Bought 4 pairs for $1045, and then sold 2 pairs, and 2 thursday tickets for 960 ... so basically got 2 saturday tickets for $85 + $35 (ebay fee), which is actually a really good deal.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 PM

also, anyone have any good under 21 sports bar suggestions near berkeley?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:11 PM

Brag post?