Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Should I get another Dog (Pics)

get a rhodesian ridgeback...they are the best dogs in the world, especially with other dogs they are really good
Old 06-23-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

get a rhodesian ridgeback...they are the best dogs in the world, especially with other dogs they are really good

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a dinosaur.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:34 PM

Get this dog...

This link provides you a bit of information on the dog...
Old 06-23-2006, 08:13 PM

i have a female pitbull from an abused dog shelter (sorry no pic), and shes the nicest dog in the world bruh. i think with dogs, if you put the food in the bowl and treat them well, your golden, no matter their background. also in my experience, dogs who live together pretty much always eventually consider their roomate dog family and will get each others backs anytime.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adding a second dog to a household isn't an easy process, and will take some time to accomplish properly.

First off, I would look for a male dog as your second dog. Female/female dog fights are fierce.

Next, make sure you have a seperate crate for both dogs. For the first 10-14 days you are going to rotate having your dogs out in your house. One dog in its crate, the other out with you.

After this time of rotating the dogs, allow the dogs to greet the other dog while in their crate. Do this 3 or 4 times for 2 or 3 days.

Next, have two people take them for a walk together on a LOOSE leash. Don't allow them to interact, walk just far enough away from each other. Make sure you're not walking your normal route, walk them in an area that neither dog has been walked in frequently. Do this for another 10 to 14 days.

Finally, allow the dogs to meet on leash in a nuetral spot. Make sure you keep the leashes loose. Sniffing is good, but don't allow one dog to but its head or paw over the other dog's shoulder. And of course make sure there is no growling or snarling at any point of doing any of this.

PM me if you have any more questions about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you just quickly explain why you go through this process?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:19 PM

My mother has a beagle female and added another dog last year, I think it is a border collie and also is a female. She just got a male beagle puppy as well, and they all get along fine. All three were purchased as puppies though, so I don't know if that matters.

I think you should go for it, just make sure that the dog you get isn't something like a Chow or other breed that typically does not mix well with other animals.