Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Cake Poker\'s RNG

Honestly, I'm not one to claim online poker is "rigged", and that's not what I'm saying here about Cake. But it does seem something is wrong with their RNG to me, and am wondering if anyone else has noticed inaccuracies.

Particularly the amount of big pairs dealt preflop in 6 handed games. Ive put in 20k plus hands now at the site and it is so bad I have had to completely alter my preflop play because so often when I have JJ or QQ does someone else have QQ or KK etc.

Statistically when you have JJ in a 6 handed game, it SHOULD be the best hand ~95% of the time, but it seems more like 50-60% on Cake. And even if that is an exaggeration which it very may well be, it is no where near 95% and for 20k hands thats a decent sample size.

I would input all my hands into some kind of data analyzer if i could to try to figure out the exact stats but I know not of one that can be used with Cake (coincidence?).

So in summary, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences on Cake, cause I've been around the block and haven't seen anything quite like this.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker\'s RNG

[ QUOTE ]
And even if that is an exaggeration which it very may well be, it is no where near 95% and for 20k hands thats a decent sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

20k hands is NOT a decent sample size in this case. You get dealt JJ about 1 in 221 which means you likely had ~90 instances of JJ. Hardly statistically significant.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:01 AM

it is when 40 times its no good and only should be 5 times
Old 07-28-2007, 05:41 AM

cake is def rigged
Old 07-28-2007, 05:44 AM

If two of the other five players didn't even look at their hands and went to showdown, you would only win 61% of the time with JJ, so your expectations may be a little off.

Have you asked Pokertracker when/if they hope to add Cake to their coverage?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:53 AM

I'm not talking about at showdown, I'm talking about preflop, whether of not JJ is the best hand. So only QQ, KK, and AA have it beat. And there are only 5 other players. The odds of 1 of 5 people being dealt any of those three hands = 5%. Hence JJ should be good 95% of time, but it's not.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:54 AM

Yeah it's been asked, here's the thread on Pokertracker

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewto...sc&start=30
Old 07-28-2007, 06:01 AM

"I'm not one to claim online poker is rigged"...Id like to find out how many "this site is rigged because im not doing as well as i like posts" start with the above statement,but i cant find the correct data analyzer to achieve this (coincidence?)So in summary, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar trend.Cause i've been around the block and have seen this a million times about every site that ever existed.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:08 AM

Um, I'm actually killing it at Cake. Im up 600 playin 10c/20c tables in 2 weeks. I didnt mention it cause it has nothing to do with what is happening. I'm winning big for the stakes I play, but that doesn't change that something seems amiss. So please, know what you are talking about before you type nonsense. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:15 AM

"So please, know what you are talking about before you type nonsense"...This made me laugh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But all sarcasm and joking aside,i play there ofton and have noticed nothing unusual.We can agree to disagree.