Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:17 AM

Default The Absolute Poker Movie

I was in bed thinking about this whole ordeal and think it would make a great movie. However, in my movie there is a little different twist. It goes like this:

The CEO and CFO were cheating together. They can feel their world as they know it coming down. The CFO knows the CEO is traveling to Columbia with millions of dollars in cash. If the CEO's plane can be sabatoged a scapegoat can be found (or eliminated). The CFO also can claim he was about to come down on the CEO for his cheating and knew about his expensive drug habits. He knows from his involvement that the ip addresses check to the CEO's home along with much more evidence. The CEO and his wife die in a fiery airplane crash. Uncovered in the rubble is millions of dollars in cash. The investigation shows a much more lavish lifestyle than the CEO's income could substantiate. The case is closed as an accident involving a CEO 'gone bad'. The CFO's plan appears to have worked - he is off scotfree along with a few million dollars from poker winning and 'Columbian profits'.

Unfortunately for the CFO this murder did not go unsolved. After authorities had already rested their case members of a poker forum started asking questions. The case was reopened and the CFO was found guilty of numerous crimes including murder, money laundering, tax evasion, fraud, etc.

Please note this is just fabricated as an idea for a movie and could never happen in real life. After all, the odds of two random jet related accidents involving the same passengers are so astonomical............... I would equate that to be 'about the same odds' of upper management of a poker site creating a 'back door' to see whole cards and stealing millions from their customers.

Please note the above has been fabricated and enhanced to make it movie quality. None of the above is intended as real or should in anyway be construed as possibly being true. (How is that for a disclaimer)?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: The Absolute Poker Movie

what in the hells name does this have to do with BBV?

if your gonna brag talk about poker, if you want to talk beat go talk how pathetic nerd/virgin you are.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:32 AM

Serge mentioned on our show last night that he had been approached about a movie IIRC...

Tuco.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 AM

Sorry mods! I meant to post this in the internet gambling forum. Please move this thread as desired.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 AM

Steve Zahn to play AJ Green please.

And Reade Seligman to play Scott Tom. guy deserves a break.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:23 AM

This sounds like a bad Law and Order episode.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Serge mentioned on our show last night that he had been approached about a movie IIRC...

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be pissed if they don't find someone that looks like his avatar to play him.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 AM

I haven't been contacted by anyone about anything like this. I have, however, backed up all of my information just in case something like this came along. I've also spread it out geographically on multiple servers that I am involved with in some way so I am not subject to a fire or other occurrence.

I don't know whether it would be good for poker though. I'd have to receive a ton of assurances on that end before I considered releasing any of my insight or whatever. I really hope adanthar and others think about that before getting involved with book writers, movie makers, etc. I will actually talk to them about this stuff next time I'm on AIM.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:23 AM

Clearly Adanthar should be played by Bob Saget, there really is no other choice.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:33 AM

I think Josem requested Brad Pitt in a different thread.

gg