Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Welcome and suggestions thread.

I will probably sign up soon but in the interest of disclosure I want to ask what the rules are regarding the following:

Capturing the streaming video to be played back later for personal use on my ipod or computer. Like fujithefish I like to go back and forth to key parts and the streaming video doesn't allow this.

I have to sit by the pool for my daughter all the time so this is a perfect video format for me to have on my ipod.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:50 AM

Hi Smurph,

All our videos are downloadable in the WMV format. We don't use any DRM or other security "enhancements" which frustrate customers or block them from the content they've paid for.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Smurph,

All our videos are downloadable in the WMV format. We don't use any DRM or other security "enhancements" which frustrate customers or block them from the content they've paid for.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to this I want to add that I'm working on converting all videos in our library to an ipod-compatible format as well. It takes a while to convert the videos but I'll post as soon as we have them up.

Rob
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Smurph,

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to this I want to add that I'm working on converting all videos in our library to an ipod-compatible format as well. It takes a while to convert the videos but I'll post as soon as we have them up.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome, being able to watch on ipods is pretty clutch
Old 10-22-2007, 10:03 PM

non holdem games at real limits, especially stud hi/omaha 8
Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Smurph,

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

as soon as you do this, I will join
Actually, I might join even before you do this. Awesome idea
Old 10-23-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconding this suggestion (non-HE) although I play at busto stakes (~$1/2). Stud/8, 2-7TD, and I'm particularly interested in some PLO8. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconding this suggestion (non-HE) although I play at busto stakes (~$1/2). Stud/8, 2-7TD, and I'm particularly interested in some PLO8. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Each video is hour or more and we currently have:

Other Poker Games:
FTOPS#10 StudHi MTT Part1 with Joe Tall
FTOPS#10 StudHi MTT Part2with Joe Tall
.5/1 HORSE for beginnners with Joe Tall
Limit Omaha Hi/Low MTT Part 2 - Joe Tall w/Final Table
Limit Omaha Hi/Low MTT Part 1 - Joe Tall
LL Stud Hi for Beginners with Joe Tall
5/10 Stud8 - DeathDonkey
3/6 HORSE w Joe Tall Holecards
1/2 HORSE with Joe Tall
3/6 Full Ring HORSE - Joe Tall Sample Available
0.50/1 Triple Draw - DeathDonkey
2/4 Stud8 - Joe Tall
2/4 Stud8 - Joe Tall
5/10 Triple Draw - DeathDonkey

Guest Videos:

Limit Omaha 8 for Beginners - Beset 4-tabling small stakes
Beset 1-tabling $1/2 6max PLO beset
TT on Razz: Advanced Theory on Pot Size Manipulation and Expert Strategy - Video Three *TT*
TT on Razz: Advanced Theory on Pot Size Manipulation & Expert Strategy - Video Two *TT*
TT on Razz: Advanced Theory on Pot Size Manipulation & Expert Strategy - Video One *TT*
Guest Video - Beset - $100 PLO

I will be getting up a HORSE or HOSE this week, likely 8/16.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 AM

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck. Only suggestion I have for you guys to help aspiring players to really learn the game is to spend some time with them talking about the harshness of it.

You guys know that the difference between poker and golf is that a very, very good golfer can play Tiger Woods, or any top tour pro for that matter, all day every day and never, ever win. He has no chance.

Yet a very, very good poker player can play with Phil Ivey, or any other top pro, and walk away a winner that day. Over time it'll be a really bad idea to play Ivey all day every day, but you can beat him on any given day. Because the cards can go your way. It's the nature of the game.

The good news in that is also the bad news. Your new players will be getting better and better and yet are sure to take some beats and are guaranteed to run bad at some point. Maybe seriously bad. Once someone knows how to play really well, the harshness of the variance in poker is the toughest thing to understand, manage and deal with.

I learned to deal with it when I realized it's untrue when they say poker is all skill and no luck. The reality is that poker is a gambling game of probablility just like roulette. The main difference being is how you have the best of it in poker can fluctuate along with the cards.

In roulette the edge of the house is built into the game and the gamble is a simple spin of the wheel. The definitive simplicity of it guarantee's that, no matter how good a player may run at the wheel, he will go broke.

You believe you will win in poker because, just like in roulete, you have an edge on the other players and therefore have the best of it. You will keep putting yourself in position with an equity edge and over time are guaranteed to win.

The difference is obvious though. The edge you have and the gamble of the cards is pretty far from the simplicity of spinning the wheel. In fact it can sometimes be very difficult to realize and profit from it over periods of time.

Not because you don't play really well. It's because the edge you have isn't set. It's constantly fluctuating depending on how many players are in the game and how well they play. And the run of the cards may go against you for longer than you'd think possible.

When someone plays different games and different limits it just adds to the variables and how it'll effect your BR.

A player can still be a winner who will consistently beat the game of poker. The gamble is with cards though and that can make the journey pretty uncomfortable at times. Understanding that is important and easier said than done. It's do able but far from easy.

GL.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:19 PM

Thanks SA,

We try to teach all things at DeucesCracked that involve poker. This includes how to deal with things that you are talking about here. We are not making poker videos; we are trying to make people better poker players.

Hope things are well at home,
Joe