Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 07-08-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Stupid preflop decision vs DeathDonkey

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"and how come nobody has answered me when i ask why the [censored] *joe* should five-bet? And you don't think you can't get in peoples' heads online? And you don't think an online player can't get inside someone's head live?"

i never said that. my point was live poker is even more read based and deviating from what's obvious as a result is critical.

joe should 5 bet (or at least call) because chris had 44 and he said he 4 bet specifically because he knew joe would fold hands he should call with and then he'd get to play a pot with dead money with a pair heads up in position against a really weak player. joe should know by now this is what chris thinks of his play and surprise him some times by getting a little out of line and throwing him some laggro curve balls. this would have been a great time to do that.

for me to do it would be not as effective because chris knows im capable of making this play preflop too willingly. so for me it might be just better to fold and get out of the way or call and proceed with caution.

"And when the board comes K937 and you raise and get 3-bet, what now? You're gonna convince yourself he could still have AA or AK and call down and probably be wrong."

if he's weak preflop i could see laying this down on the turn or river.

as for being smug, i dont know what youre talking about. please keep the insults to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored], thank you for posting this. honestly one of the better level-thinking posts I've ever read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

throwing laggro curveballs is fine, but it makes absolutely no sense to do it when there is likely a big hand present.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 PM

I agree with you two and I just thought that was standard, this thread surprises me.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 PM

not to steer this thread back to actual advice, but can someone comment on what the highest non-dominated (so to speak) holding would be ?

for those who called with 97s, Is the cutoff JTs ? Is the J too likely to be compromised, so 9Ts ?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 AM

This is just a coinflip really....3ways.

Cap/check... be funky one time!

JT