Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 PM

Default SYTYCD odds on individual contestants now posted!!

we asked, and we received!

Odds On: Who will be the Winner of the Fox reality show "So You Think You Can Dance"? Any wagers placed after results become public knowledge will be no action. Max. $50.
Kameron Bink
11/1

Anya Garnis
10/1

Jaimie Goodwin
8/1

Lauren Gottlieb
8/1

Neil Haskell
9/1

Hokuto "Hok" Konishi
7/1

Lacey Schwimmer
10/1

Jesús Solorio
15/2

Danny Tidwell
10/1

Sara Von Gillern
12/1

Jessi Peralta
13/1

Dominic Sandoval
14/1

Sabra Johnson
15/1

Pasha Kovalev
15/1

Shauna Noland
16/1

Cedric Gardner
18/1

who do YOU like? these are some very nice early odds. soon to tighten up on the better dancers i am sure.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: SYTYCD odds on individual contestants now posted!!

Thanks Granny - my main takeaway is that Hok has no chance I'd put Danny as the male favorite (and I guess by default favorite to win it all? I'm not sure I'm completely sold on a male has to win this thing).

Lacey is the woman to beat - I had high hopes for Lauren but she hasn't shown much yet and her partner is not that great.

-Al
Old 06-25-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(and I guess by default favorite to win it all? I'm not sure I'm completely sold on a male has to win this thing).

Lacey is the woman to beat - I had high hopes for Lauren but she hasn't shown much yet and her partner is not that great.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm starting to believe that lacey could win, and starting to doubt that any male can. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 12:20 AM

My thoughts. Caveat: I haven't watched the show before this season.

In my mind the five major candidates to win are Anya, Lacey, Danny, Kameron, and Pasha.

Lacey Schwimmer 10/1 - She's the star of the hottest partnership around and one of the top two women. I have to think her experience with her brother will help her make the right decisions as the event progresses.

Kameron Bink 11/1 - He's well liked and talented. I'd guess he's one of the top three men.

Anya Garnis 10/1 - My personal favorite. Her partnership with Danny is very strong and she has to be regarded as one of the top two women.

Danny Tidwell 10/1 - I like him and he's another one of the top 3 men.

Jaimie Goodwin 8/1 - She tries hard outside of her style but she's nothing special. She'll probably hang around for a while but I can't see her winning. Certainly the line makes her a sucker bet.

Hokuto "Hok" Konishi 7/1 - Dead money despite his obvious popularity. No chance at all because he can only do his hip-hop thing. The judges will pick him apart as things tighten up.

Lauren Gottlieb 8/1 - She could be the best of the rest of the girls but her partnership with Neil is a little awkward and not special. Faina just demonstrated how harmful repeated trips to the bottom 3 can be. It's just too hard to prep a new solo dance every week and go against girls who have been working on the same dance-for-life since the beginning of the show. Even if she outlives Neil she'll be paired with someone else who killed their partner.

Neil Haskell 9/1 - Completely ordinary and a sucker bet at 9-1.

Sara Von Gillern 12/1 - B girl with no formal training or previous experience in heels is dead money.

Jesús Solorio 15/2 - Perhaps he has an outside chance but 15/2 is ridiculous and Sara is no asset.

Jessi Peralta 13/1 - Did you see her solo for her life? She will never last come crunch time. Plus she and Pasha were B3 last week. I totally don't understand that but it's a terrible sign.

Pasha Kovalev 15/1 - Pasha is outstanding but he's trapped with a second rate partner. Any more trips to the B3 will take their toll while his main competitors are on easy street in strong partnerships. Still 15-1 looks very tempting.

Sabra Johnson 15/1 - The invisible women of this competition. She's got skill but lack of stage presence and an unsatisfactory partner in Dominic mean she has little chance. This partnership could be a regular visitor to B3 until it breaks.

Dominic Sandoval 14/1 - Dead money lacking basic skills.

Shauna Noland 16/1 - I really like Shauna but she probably isn't good enough. Maybe if she got more suitable material I might change this opinion. Plus she might as well skip choreography this week and work only on her solo because her new partnership with Cedric has no chance. Her only hope to even hang around is to outlive Cedric and luck into a better partner.

Cedric Gardner 18/1 - Do you have to ask? There is little excuse for the judges' decision last week to keep him around. He totally lacks the ability to do anything but solo and everyone knows it.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts. Caveat: I haven't watched the show before this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither - I guess we are looking for something to find the Idol void [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Haha - nice analysis I pretty much agree with you, except:

[ QUOTE ]
Anya Garnis 10/1 - My personal favorite. Her partnership with Danny is very strong and she has to be regarded as one of the top two women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibility she may be exposed in the coming weeks? I'm not sure how versatile she is (unlike her partner Danny, who I think can handle most things thrown at him). Also, as an aside, the whole partnering thing is pretty interesting (e.g. think Lauren is being held back by her partner as mentioned above, and certainly Cedric's inability to execute killed Faina's chances).

Granny:

[ QUOTE ]

i'm starting to believe that lacey could win, and starting to doubt that any male can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think Danny is going to start separating himself very soon. Not sure how charismatic / well-rounded a dancer he is, but he's the most talented male left I think. Pasha looked (imo) strong on his modern dance number - which leads me to believe he has range and proficiency across styles, think he's #2 male right now.

-Al
Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 PM

My favorite was Faina. So. Damn. Sexy. Too bad she was partnered with Cedrick and he sucks. I was actually hoping for bottom 3 last week so they could let Cedrick go and get her a new partner. Blew my mind when they let her go and kept him. Oh well.

Anyway, now I like Anya. With the ballroom background all of her moves are very precise.

*Also never watched before this year and also have no idea on how to judge them. I just know what my eyes like to see!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:52 PM

***SPOILERS FOR THIS WEEK'S SHOW***

I guess this show is pre-taped also? Got sent these spoilers by my friend (they are from IdolForums):

Judges: Nigel, Mary, and Debbie Allen

Taping was a mess. A girl fainted. Things were re-shot several times.

1. Jesus & Sara got a Krump routine with Lil C. All the judges liked it and they were very impressed with Jesus since he was out of his element.

2. Cedric & Shauna got Contemporary with Mia. Shauna was very very good. Cedric was sitting on the floor for about 25 seconds. The judges said he needed to step it up, and he didn’t and they think it’s time for him to go. Debbie Allen also offered him a scholarship for her dance academy because she wants to see him train.

3. Kameron & Lacey got Quickstep with Tony Meredith. They had to film the dance twice. The choreography was really good and the judges really liked it. They enjoyed both dancers. The person who went said it was the first time she was enertained by a Quickstep.

4. Danny & Anya got Hip-Hop with Dan Karaty. It was actually good coming from Dan. The judges thought it was the weakest style the couple had done. The judges expected more from them since they’ve both been held to such a high standard.

5. Dominic and Sabra got a Rumba by Jean-Marc Generaux. They were really good and all the judges liked it.

6. Neil & Lauren got a Tango by Jean-Marc Generaux. The judges thought they could have been smoother, it looked like they were hopping at times. Mary didn’t like it. They said Neil looked a little bit sloppy. One girl who went wants to rape Neil. The other girl said Lauren’s REALLY into herself as she didn’t even look at Neil for most of the dance.

7. Hok & Jaimie worked with Wade on a Jazz routine. Wade described the routine as ecclectic. Said it was his version of ballet. Hok was supposed to be a hummingbird, Jaimie was a flower. It was supposed to be a love story. It was really really good and both of them danced it extremely well. The judges felt Wade did a good job of catering to both of their styles.

8. Pasha & Tony Meredith’s assistant got a Cha Cha by Tony Meredith. OK, here’s the deal with Jessi. Apparently, she hadn’t been feeling well at all during the show and had to be rushed to the hospital where they found out she has some kind of heart problem. If she is well enough to dance on Thursday, she will have to dance a solo, whether Pasha is in the bottom three or not. If Pasha is not in the bottom three then there will still be 3 girls in the bottom three, as well as Jessi and she will be in comparison with all the other girls in the bottom. If she is not well enough to dance on Thursday then she will be cut from the competition. On to Pasha. He was really good and really hot even though he had to dance with an old lady.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite was Faina. So. Damn. Sexy. Too bad she was partnered with Cedrick and he sucks. I was actually hoping for bottom 3 last week so they could let Cedrick go and get her a new partner. Blew my mind when they let her go and kept him. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was ecstatic when they let her go. She is sexy and a really good dancer but she rubbed me completely the wrong way. Her attitude was just terrible.

She seemed to be phoning it in during her hip-hop routine the first week. Almost as if she was too good to be bothered with that kind of dancing. Sharp contrast with Jaime (Hok's partner) who was in the exact same spot but gave an enthusiastic 100% effort.

Then came the judging last Wednesday. If you watch several of the more successful couples it's obvious that they really like and support each other. But Faina hung Cedric out to dry. She made every possible effort through facial expressions and body language to distance herself and convey that this had absolutely nothing to do with her.

This is supposed to be entertainment and I don't want to watch that.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 AM

Looks like a foregone conclusion that Pasha and Shauna will be partners next week. Only a miracle will prevent Nigel and Mary from their declared intention to oust Cedric Thursday night. Meanwhile Jessi's chances look dim even if she shows up from the hospital to dance for her life. Terrible solo last week + illness + loss of practice time is a devastating combination. BTW this is apparently her second hospitialization. A week and a half ago it was severe dehydration.

I don't consider Shauna to be more than an outside contender but she is a good dancer. Getting her in place of unreliable Jessi could be a major break for Pasha.

Shauna getting Pasha would also be a measure of justice after Jimmy was unfairly taken away from her last week. All's well that ends well. Except for Jimmy of course [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 06-28-2007, 02:45 AM

Well - at least Cedric's got that Debbie Allen Dance Academy scholarship! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Man, he looked terrible and deserves to go. It's fairly hilarious that Mia choreographed Cedric out of the routine for a good portion (sobbing in the corner) to hide him.

Overall don't think we got much new information, and everyone's about where I thought they were last week. Though as you mention, Stellar, Pasha (who I like alot) could get a real lift from having a stronger partner in Shauna.

Anya disappointed a bit (she looked pretty bad hip hop definitely not her thing, imo) and Dominic impressed me, but nothing to really change my mind.

-Al