Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you recall any posts by neuroman besides the ones in this thread?
Yes 6 12.77%
No 41 87.23%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: quick poll, if you would be so kind.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for what it's worth, if someone is 3betting only 5% or so, id stick to AK. 10%, AQ. 15%, AJ. 20%, AT. And so on... sometimes yuo look stupid, but thats poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats this about?

[/ QUOTE ]
just ratios. kinda important frequency stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ratios of what? The way im reading it if someone 3b 5% then he's more likely to have lower aces, either that or you're should play lower aces more frequently. I don't think I understand what you're saying [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 06:22 PM

There's no real way to answer this question. All options are valid, 100% depends on your image and your opponent's previous actions.

22/17 doesn't tell you much about his 3betting range. There are 22/17's who won't 3bet in this spot without AQs+, JJ+ and there are 22/17's who will 3bet you with just about anything here on a fairly regular basis.

If he's truly an "unknown 22/17" (which is tough to imagine since most TAG regulars you would have played with in the past), do anything but fold, try to get an idea what he's holding (via showdown or a good read) and make a note.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:26 PM

US,

Bobbo is saying that if the mofo is 3bettin the top 5% of his range then he will call with X and so on..... Sometimes you look stupid when you have a far inferior hand because of these frequencies...
Old 09-23-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's truly an "unknown 22/17" (which is tough to imagine since most TAG regulars you would have played with in the past), do anything but fold, try to get an idea what he's holding (via showdown or a good read) and make a note.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a pretty interesting perspective
Old 09-23-2007, 06:27 PM

folding here = enjoy your 1.8ptbb winrate
Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
US,

Bobbo is saying that if the mofo is 3bettin the top 5% of his range then he will call with X and so on..... Sometimes you look stupid when you have a far inferior hand because these frequencies...

[/ QUOTE ]
jlo is spot on
Old 09-23-2007, 06:31 PM

oh ok, yeah i get it.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding here = enjoy your 1.8ptbb winrate

[/ QUOTE ]

hey guys, check out my giant poker wang, i'm so good i make all my money playing AQo out of position against total unknowns

all you guys who are never folding, what are you doing with AJ here? or is AQ the very bottom of your range?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is giving up bleeding money? Even if you dont insert any fanciness (which I do) you're hardly losing by check folding real bad flops. just chalking the pot to the aggressor who happens to have position, and although preflop you had a good hand, postflop it's also not such a good hand. When you go 0-3 in those situations, you tend to not win the pot, and thats ok with me. It's how you do in 1-2 and 2-1 scenarios that count.

[/ QUOTE ]Can you provide some examples of real bad flops? Can low flops be bad? And good flops (that you still have whiffed), do you donk, crai or float OOP - because imho all can be exploited.

[ QUOTE ]
well, due to 3bet dichotomy we'll tend to win that medium sized pot quite frequently, and we'll soemtimes win a stack too.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see why. We don't have initiative, we don't have position. We'll lose more than our share of these medium sized pots, and we win a stack for sure only if we outkick him. We're in a reverse implied odds situation here IMHO.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 AM

You could get hurt.......if you get between my AQ and the muck.
Seriously, this is a pretty easy laydown. Think of it in these terms...You're OOP. Resolve any close situations by
getting out when OOP and playing when IP.