Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 06:07 PM

Default 3-6 NLcashgame deep

Dont remember stacksizes, 300-400 BB

Game have been going on 2h or so, I started out stacking him several times but have now lost back some of it. He is not very good, floats some, not very aggro but capable of bluffing for sure. Dont play with stats so I cant provide those. Game is kind of out of control, from my part, lots of 3bets and 2-3 barrels. Not steaming but kind of [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I out of position with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He pots it (he pots and calls 3bets light), I re-pot to 54.

Flop(108) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I pot, he calls.

Turn(324) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I pot, he calls

River(972) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He insta leads for 570, I call

Thoughts?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: 3-6 cashgame deep

how can he insta lead in position?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Wow, good start to this thread. That is a very good question, I guess I f-ed up the action. Sorry.

Correct action is, I checked the river and he insta bets 570. I tanked and called down. I had a really good feeling about him bluffing except for the amount he bet, seemed so much like a valuebet. Was not really sure if he was capable of making it look like a vb as a bluff, still don't know this

I called anyway, thoughts?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:34 PM

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I think you are ahead, but I think that you are ahead here often enough for this to be possible. Lotssss of hands missed their draws.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't go as far as to say that I think you are ahead, but I think that you are ahead here often enough for this to be possible. Lotssss of hands missed their draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking as well. I think it's so hard to post HU hands, maybe I play to much by "feel". I'm trying to improve by reading here and also trying to understand why I win. So in a vaccum, this call does not look stupid?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Given how you played it, river is a snapcall, I'm just not sure you are good enough to justify the pot odds. It seems that the board is too scary and the stacks too deep for villain to be doing this with a set, so we can rule those out. If he's v-betting his Ah Xh, that would be pretty sick but I suppose you have to pay it. What I'm truly worried about would be the KX hands, which would make perfect sense for villain's action. His range is pretty damn narrow here for hands that beat you and fairly wide for hands that you beat, so after a drawn out thought process, I like a call.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given how you played it, river is a snapcall, I'm just not sure you are good enough to justify the pot odds. It seems that the board is too scary and the stacks too deep for villain to be doing this with a set, so we can rule those out. If he's v-betting his Ah Xh, that would be pretty sick but I suppose you have to pay it. What I'm truly worried about would be the KX hands, which would make perfect sense for villain's action. His range is pretty damn narrow here for hands that beat you and fairly wide for hands that you beat, so after a drawn out thought process, I like a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great response!

I'm totally with you here. Kx is the most likely hand I'm behind. Not sure he would valuebet Axhh, depends on his kicker. I felt at the time that he could have any kicker basically, either with a K or an A. He probably would vaulebet AQhh, maybe AJhh. But I'm not sure he would play those draws that weak. He floated alot with weaker draws but I can't remember how he played nutdraws. This is an old hand. Thanks for the input!