Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: My friend drives drunk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And to all those people who say why are you friends with him and that he should call the cops, man what a bunch of square-bears.. I'm not saying drinking and driving is right, but it's not like the guy's out burglarizing homes or raping kids.. good grief!!

[/ QUOTE ]

NO NO NO. His friend is doing the equivalent of firing a gun randomly into the air. The bullet probably won't hit a person when it comes down but shoot enough times and a bullet will kill someone. His friend is gambling with random strangers' lives, not just his.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. Please when will you people realize that crap like this is completely useless?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If his reaction time is not impaired, I'm sure there a bunch of scientists eager to find out why he is the only known human to only get the positive effects of alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reaction time slows if you're sleepy or distracted. So long as it isn't a significant decrease then he's fine to drive. Which sounds like it's the case here.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM

I definitely set the lap record at Malibu on the Grand Prix track while extremely drunk/high.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:40 AM

See if you can convince him to go to some sort of DUI class... The type required by most courts if you get a DUI. When I got mine I didn't think it was all that big of a deal until I went to this class.

There were alot of people in the class who were seriously [censored]. 2nd and 3rd time offenders who hadn't driven in years. People who lost their jobs/spouses/kids... If your buddy doesn't care about other people, atleast try to make him care about himself. Also, remind him to make sure his car insurance is always up to date... DUI with no insurance is an automatic felony.

In my state, your first DUI is basically an expensive slap on the wrist and they say "don't do it again." The second one they nail your ass to the wall.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I got drunk, hit 2 parked cars at 4am, put my head through a windshield. I wish someone would have kicked me in the nuts before hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop being so results oriented

[/ QUOTE ]

just because a man has only 3 posts no one gives love to this gem?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:34 AM

What kind of job does he have?
Do you know anyone that he works with?
Is there a way to talk to a boss, who could in turn go to him and say..."you know, we are aware of your habit of driving intoxicated, if you get arrested for DUI, you are done here, no ifs, ands, or buts."
Or something to that effect.

Credible threat/consequence.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:01 AM

To everyone saying its inevitable that he will cause a wreck and kill someone where the [censored] do you get your information? I highly doubt that even a majority of people that have driven drunk have also caused a wreck because they are drunk. I'm fairly confident that more people cause wrecks because of cellphones than because they are drunk.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To everyone saying its inevitable that he will cause a wreck and kill someone where the [censored] do you get your information? I highly doubt that even a majority of people that have driven drunk have also caused a wreck because they are drunk. I'm fairly confident that more people cause wrecks because of cellphones than because they are drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhh...literally EVERYONE that drives "impaired" will end up plowing into a family of four, including the family dog at one point in their life
Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly confident that more people cause wrecks because of cellphones than because they are drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much shall we put up?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhh...literally EVERYONE that drives "impaired" will end up plowing into a family of five, including the family dog at one point in their life

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. If he drives well then the only problem I see is potential legal trouble. FWIW, the only reason I see for many people not to drive "drunk" (read: legally drunk, but still maintaining good response time and decision making. Yea you can do that guys. Not everyone falls over and is unable to stand after a drink) is because of the potential legal trouble rather than endangering themself or others. Also, most people drive when very few people are on the road. By most of your logic you shouldn't even listen to the radio while driving because it increases the risk of those around you as opposed to when it is not on.