Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Godfather for PlayStation2

Hi everyone,

I did a search however did not find anyone who has played Godfather from EA games for Play Station 2.

Any thoughts? I just started playing the game again after beating God Of War. I have God of War 2, however I want to spend some time playing Godfather.

I have a hard time taking hubs and compounds. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Godfather for PlayStation2

That is the exact point where I gave up on the game. I wasn't willing to invest the time or effort to figure out how to take out compounds.

Maybe some time down the road.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:11 AM

i own it for the 360 and i think they are pretty much the same game.

found it worked best to just take your time and methodically kill people. did most of them with a high ranking guy by my side. they are almost unbeatable if you just try to go in guns blazin, really take your time.

as a side note i really loved playing this game. didn't think it got enough credit.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i own it for the 360 and i think they are pretty much the same game.

found it worked best to just take your time and methodically kill people. did most of them with a high ranking guy by my side. they are almost unbeatable if you just try to go in guns blazin, really take your time.

as a side note i really loved playing this game. didn't think it got enough credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really enjoy the game also, however I have finished 65% of the missions but have only finished 35% of the overall game.

I have almost all of Little Italy under my control, however I cannot get past the Verona Warehouse owned by the Tataglias.

I played it last night for like 3 hours. I finished almost all of my hits contracts.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM

I've only played the Wii version, but I assume it's pretty much the same. Hitting the compounds is easily the most fun part of the game, though I suppose it is initially a daunting task.

Take a car as far as you can, past the blockades and right to the entrance. Run over and kill as many hostiles as you can before your car explodes. Then it's all about being methodical. Slow down, take any cover that you can, and always peep around corners to cap fools. Never run into a room blindly. Leave yourself exposed as little as possible throughout the entire exercise. Obviously come prepared with the your best weaponry and full ammo. I find the hired help to be mostly worthless, but they can take some hits that you would have absorbed, so bring someone along for the ride.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:54 AM

i beat the xbox version.

unfortunately, there are only about 5 different layouts for all of the places you have to conquer.

thus, the best way to beat it is to try different strategies and just be patient. by the 3rd or 4th time, you should be set.

i thought the ending stunk though
Old 05-24-2007, 01:01 AM

Keep in mind that not all families/compounds/warehouses are equal. Start with the ones for the weakest family first.

Don't be too disappointed if you just started and can't beat them. By the time you level up a bunch, they'll be really easy.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:46 AM

Take a car as far as you can, past the blockades and right to the entrance. Run over and kill as many hostiles as you can before your car explodes. Then it's all about being methodical. Slow down, take any cover that you can, and always peep around corners to cap fools. Never run into a room blindly. Leave yourself exposed as little as possible throughout the entire exercise

I tried this last night and it worked well. I did not bride anyone before I started the mob war, I will have to do that the next time I play.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Keep in mind that not all families/compounds/warehouses are equal. Start with the ones for the weakest family first.

I already took out one of them. I need to take out the Verona Warehouse in Little Italy owned by the Tattaglia family.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:04 PM

I really liked playing this game. I also have all the GTA games and The Gdfather reminded me of that. Especially GTA Vice City. I also have a PS3 and I saw there's a Godfather game for that. Is it the same game or the next one in a series?