Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: 90% of people have no idea how to make money with adsense

This is the first time ive been on these boards.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stu, are you the poster formerly known as majesty2009?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say most definetly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. Same self-promoting wording, same "I don't want to give out my site" crap, same bs adsense screenshot (although this one is better made than the last one he copied from someone's ebook page). What's wrong w/ the screenshot? In his "I got my first Adsense check" post, he claims it was for $404, and that was almost entirely from November, and he's up to $12/day now from 3 sites. The Adsense screenshot above is for December, says the same magic $404...but that's $404 in December where he "didn't do much of anything". The language, wording, writing style, etc...all has majesty2009 all over it. I don't know the motives...trolling? ego boost? building a database of who the vulnerable/naive people on this forum are? picked adsense marketing howto as his niche while trying to mimic the $15k challenge (instead of crafts) to us (instead of yahoo groups) and he's in the "gain a rep by posting" phase prior to site launch? leading up to an ebook or coaching pitch?

Doesn't matter to me. This guy is obviously another majesty2009 account. The timing of his joining and maj's leaving cannot be ignored, either. The only question is his motives...which would only be valuable to find out once he got to the pitch/money question/scam exposure/whatever *if* it turns out it was s slick plan worthy of replicating. I'm not holding my breath tho. Time will tell.

Over/Under on how many more maj-like accounts we will cycle through before he gives up or gets to the pitch?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:12 PM

LOL! Nice work BiPolar Nut. Stu/Majesty has been pwned again! I agree on everything else you said too. I'm hopefull that he'll just give up eventually... I mean, he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with us and I can't see how it's even worth his time.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:28 PM

Another possible motive that could be part of a more elaborate structured marketing leading up to a pitch (which may not at all have anything to do with pitching to us):

Google his screen name (with the underscore, no spaces) and his 2+2 profile and one of his threads (the "Adsense Mistake" one he first came back to the forum with) are the #2 and #3 hits. I wouldn't be suprised to see a homepage link show up in his profile if his account lasts that long. His actual target suckerpool could be on some other forum/group/whatever where he gets those curious to google him. #2 + #3 google results are worth money if expoited properly...even I know that much and I've made exactly $0 w/ adsense or affiliate marketing lol.

Might have backfired tho, he prolly needed a few clean threads (w/o us calling foul) for it to be worthwhile. I'm tempted to make a post in the Adsense Mistake thread along the lines of "Anyone seeing this thread from a google search, please see this thread" and link back to this one lol.

I won't, though, because if that in fact is the motive, it's pretty clever...if he littered his posts w/ specific keywords and was successful at pulling off google search status. I may be giving him too much credit tho. *shrug*

[/detective]
Old 01-10-2007, 09:35 PM

LOL I swear I realy am not a majesty imposter. I have no secret plans or anything. I have been thinking about writing up a guide so im going to give it a shot. It realy simple but i swear its all I do. Im sorry if I did something wrong I promise to never post another adsense screen shot. I didnt know it was against the rules.

Step 1.
Pick a high paying keyword. To me this is the most important step. It just takes too many clicks to make money off of most keywords. Real Estate, Loans, and Lawyer keywords seem to be high paying.

Step 2.
Research the topic. Log onto blogger and write 4 post related to the subject. I usualy put a pic on each post to make it appear longer. The info doesnt have to be that interesting or original just dont copy anyone else word 4 word.

3. Put the adsense on the page and wait for the ads to come up.

4. Advertise the site. I like myspace, but you can do whatever you like.

I'll use one of my sites as an example. I made a site about DUIs and how to get out of them. The ads said something about getting your DUI dropped. So after I made the blog I went onto myspace and made a dummy profile with a little info about getting DUIs dropped and linnked back to my blog. I would post in myspace forum and other DUI related forums. This would get me about 50 visits a day and I had a 10% click threw rate. I made about around $5 a day from this site.

I had 7 sites that would earn me between $25-$50 a day all together. I think the reason they worked is they paid about $1 per click and someone that had a DUI would definetly be interested in checking out the ads.

Interesting ads that pay high are money makers. Instead of having sites with great content I just would drum up about 50 page impressions per site and when you added them together it was fairly profitable.

P.S. I dont know if interesting is the right word. They are ads for stuff that people absolutly need. DUIs dropped, quick loans to pay bills, whatever.

I am not trying to sell anything. There is nothing left to sell. This is all that I do. It is very simple. If I ever offer to sell you something say "hey u already gave out all of ur info and its pretty simple anyway" I swear its so easy if you made up enough sites I think $2-3K per month is possible. With this being said I have never made over $60 in a given day.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:50 PM

Might as well just change his title to majesty2009
Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 PM

el adam,

aren't you tworooks?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:58 AM

yes
Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL! Nice work BiPolar Nut. Stu/Majesty has been pwned again! I agree on everything else you said too. I'm hopefull that he'll just give up eventually... I mean, he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with us and I can't see how it's even worth his time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone care to explain to me why I should care, BEFORE he crosses the line of what's acceptable?

The content posted in this thread certainly seems within the bounds of the forum.

Feel free to PM me...
Old 01-11-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Google his screen name (with the underscore, no spaces) and his 2+2 profile and one of his threads (the "Adsense Mistake" one he first came back to the forum with) are the #2 and #3 hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you by any chance running Google Desktop... which will polute your search results based on your own reading [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be suprised to see a homepage link show up in his profile if his account lasts that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting links in profiles is acceptable on 2+2, as long as you don't direct people to look there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]