Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: attention morons who thought that chris angel was real

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there was one episode of CA where he drives Many Moore's Mercedes blindfolded. He was slow and got honked a few times but it was pretty fking amazing. He drives it for a few miles on busy LA streets even making left turns at busy intersections.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one time I drove through LA with sunglasses on. They probably blocked my vision more than a magician's blindfold.

[/ QUOTE ]

people are so skeptical.....he uses 2 silver dollars which you see placed over each eye. They are taped to his eyeballs. Then he puts on a blindfold over that. No way he could see. Even if he had little holes drilled into the silver dollars and even if he had a blindfold that was 30% see through, it would still be impossible to drive. He would have absolutly no peripheral vision. If you saw him being blindfolded and taped up, you would agree there is no way he could see through that.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:54 PM

criss angel is the most pretentious garbage "magician" ever. seriously, he takes all the fun out of magic and makes it a ridiculous display of ego-stroking and fake "wonder." i was able to deduce all of this from just watching one episode.

if they made this show a comedy it would be amazing, because everytime they come back from commercial break and it's like MINDFREAK!!!!1 i just laugh like forever.

p.s. MIND FREAK!!!!! (insert butt rock riffs here)
Old 02-08-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) If you can figure out how he does his tricks, then you can hate him all you want and criticize him all you want. But just bc you can't figure it out, you automatically accuse him of using stooges and wires and camera tricks. How can he be ruining magic when he is taking it onto the streets? Magic on a stage with dark backgrounds and rotating stages is way less impressive and much more likely to use stooges than magic out in the street with 100 people watching and cars driving by.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking to the magician at the magic shop at Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle about Criss Angel. He said there's no way to do his tricks without having your own show.

And I agree totally with Blarg. The tricks which are amazing to me are the up close and personal ones. Coin tricks are always the best, especially ones without preparation. Clever sleight of hand or misdirection are much better than sinking a yacht in the harbor.

[/ QUOTE ]

illluuuuuuuuusions, michael ....
Old 02-08-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there was one episode of CA where he drives Many Moore's Mercedes blindfolded. He was slow and got honked a few times but it was pretty fking amazing. He drives it for a few miles on busy LA streets even making left turns at busy intersections.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one time I drove through LA with sunglasses on. They probably blocked my vision more than a magician's blindfold.

[/ QUOTE ]

people are so skeptical.....he uses 2 silver dollars which you see placed over each eye. They are taped to his eyeballs. Then he puts on a blindfold over that. No way he could see. Even if he had little holes drilled into the silver dollars and even if he had a blindfold that was 30% see through, it would still be impossible to drive. He would have absolutly no peripheral vision. If you saw him being blindfolded and taped up, you would agree there is no way he could see through that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The blindfold has an earpiece in it. He drives slowly because he's being talked through it by radio from a spotter car. It's a standard trick.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you like close up magic with little preparation why do you hate CA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that swallowing a coin, passing it through your insides, and cutting open your arm to remove it isn't a "little preparation" trick.

[ QUOTE ]
All he has is a little thing like a hair pin which he uses to pick the locks of the handcuffs and cage door.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty much impossible to pick a standard lock with only ONE tool, ie: hair pin.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if you like close up magic with little preparation why do you hate CA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that swallowing a coin, passing it through your insides, and cutting open your arm to remove it isn't a "little preparation" trick.

[ QUOTE ]
All he has is a little thing like a hair pin which he uses to pick the locks of the handcuffs and cage door.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty much impossible to pick a standard lock with only ONE tool, ie: hair pin.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a hairpin, he had a name for it.....but it is a device used to pick locks. All I know is that they show him inserting this pick into the handcuff holes and "picking " it and then freeing himself and then the legs and then the cage lock. Even if the locks are props, he is still dumped into the bottom of 20 ft water and holds his breath for a long time while doing this.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The blindfold has an earpiece in it. He drives slowly because he's being talked through it by radio from a spotter car. It's a standard trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL......and you know this right? Even the the blindfold is inspected and you can see it is not rigid or anything. I would like to see you drive blindfolded with only an earpiece with someone telling you what to do. You wouldn't get 15 feet before bumping a curb.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL......and you know this right? Even the the blindfold is inspected and you can see it is not rigid or anything. I would like to see you drive blindfolded with only an earpiece with someone telling you what to do. You wouldn't get 15 feet before bumping a curb.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, he's a wizard
Old 02-08-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'm not sure this is how he did it, but yes, that is one standard version of how to do the trick. Blindfold drives are a fairly common trick, and yes, I know a guy who has done one (across the entire country, in fact), although he of course won't disclose the particular method he used.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't a hairpin, he had a name for it.....but it is a device used to pick locks. All I know is that they show him inserting this pick into the handcuff holes and "picking " it and then freeing himself and then the legs and then the cage lock. Even if the locks are props, he is still dumped into the bottom of 20 ft water and holds his breath for a long time while doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what type of locks he used, but again, you cannot pick a standard pin tumbler lock with only ONE pick. You need one pick to set the pins in the proper order to open the device and a second torque wrench to open it.