View Poll Results: 16. 6m BTN w/ AJs
Raise 28 75.68%
Call 4 10.81%
Fold 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: EDF Cooking Contest--Pumpkin Challenge

I deleted that pic because I wasn't sure it added anything and I was embarrased about the state of my baking pan.

When I moved into our house I was super excited to have a double oven. Then I learned that only the micro-est (13" x 9") of cookie sheets fits into either one. Anything bigger and the edges of the pan get too close to the sides of the oven, the pan overheats, and everything burns. If you can believe it, I only have 2 baking pans that size. I should get new ones. I've been thinking about getting some nice aluminum ones and silpat mats too. Anyone use these? Thoughts? BTW, the big heap of dough in one corner is just the empanada my 4 1/2 year old made all by himself.

The empanada circles were approx 2" in diameter. The finished one is sitting on a blue espresso saucer to get a sense of scale. Each one could fit a heaping teaspoon or so of filling. They were cute in mini-size and that was what I was going for, but larger takes more filling obviously. I have a bunch of filling leftover that I think I may have this morning with some eggs, hot sauce, and a dollop of sour cream.

I chilled the dough for the sake of workability, but actually had to work the chilled dough my hands a bit to warm it enough to roll it. So, I don't think it was necessary.