Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: JJ river play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Obviously bet/fold is exploitable. But so is check/call and bet/call and check/fold, if we always do it in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every action is exploitable.But if villain would play his hand perfectly bet/folding and check/folding is by far the most costly ones.
If villain plays perfectly he knows that your range is 66-AA.He knows that youīre going to bet/fold river with all non-set hands.I donīt expect anyone to play perfectly but if he does it is a 5/9th pot mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is unknown, presumably so are we. Theres no way he knows that we're going to bet/fold JJ here. Do you really expect an unknown to bet/fold JJ in this spot?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Obviously bet/fold is exploitable. But so is check/call and bet/call and check/fold, if we always do it in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every action is exploitable.But if villain would play his hand perfectly bet/folding and check/folding is by far the most costly ones.
If villain plays perfectly he knows that your range is 66-AA.He knows that youīre going to bet/fold river with all non-set hands.I donīt expect anyone to play perfectly but if he does it is a 5/9th pot mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is unknown, presumably so are we. Theres no way he knows that we're going to bet/fold JJ here. Do you really expect an unknown to bet/fold JJ in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

As previously stated it is a huge mistake to bet/fold only if villain plays perfectly. But rememeber that you lose 7 BB or something if he plays perfectly and as also already stated many players donīt expect anything since their head is under their arm "Wow an ace Iīm going to bluff him".

I have no clue of what villain thinks and thatīs why I would like to make the move that costs the least if he doesnīt think or if he is really sharp.

However Iīll admit that Iīm a little bit puzzled now when you told me that we really canīt expect villain to bluffraise this river.
It makes your earlier proposal to bet/call seem a little bit strange.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:57 PM

Tough spot. I agree w/ whoever said basically every line is exploitable. Vs someone I respect I can see b/c cause as noted it's not a bad spot for a bluff raise. By the same token a good player's "worse hand calling range" is pretty narrow (98/K8?). You have to include 9x & busted [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s as part of his range too. I don't really have a big problem w/ the vaginal c/c here vs. an unknown and if I get V-towned by Ax I'll sexy his ass next chance I get.