Brees @PIT 3 50.00%
Brady vs. NYJ 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Colts Pumping Artificial Noise into The Dome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok I just watched the Faulk play and there is no angle shown on TV coverage that shows anything near as conclusive as you guys make it sound. Its all shown froim the line of scrimmage and the Pats are claiming there was contact with the back arm but you cant even see that arm on the TV coverage. If you have something conclusive I'd love to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll watch it again when I get home, but I remember seeing the arm pulled, and the announcers agreeing that Brady was justifiably pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simms definitely thinks its a penalty, and says so. The live shot and the one replay they show don't provide any conclusive evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowing it down, there is contact but its while the ball is still in Brady's hand and the play is withing five yards of the line of scrimmage. I'm trying to get decent screen shots but VLC is being difficult about it.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reason your argument is wrong is that it IS a close spot. if he makes that catch we get a FG attempt. if he doesn't make it, we have to punt. that's a huge swing in a close football game..

[/ QUOTE ]

I made this point in the game thread, but as a Pats fan, I don't think this is a bad no-call. Yes, if Faulk makes the catch, they're in FG range (down by 6, not 3, btw). But Faulk clearly went for the penalty rather than the catch, dramatizing the contact before the ball was even to him which gave the ref a choice to either throw the flag (essentially giving them a 3rd-and-20 conversion on a 5-yard underneath pass based on light contact) or make a no-call.

Smart veteran move considering the situation (not a huge EV swing between a punt that pins the Colts and a 50+ yard FG attempt, so he was kind of freerolling) but the ref didn't go for it.

The play itself. Brackett slightly hooked Faulk's back arm to get around him, and then *deflected* the pass away with his right hand (Faulk had already turned his body trying to sell the contact). Yeah, it could have been a flag, but like a soccer player taking a dive in the box, I'd rather the officials let this stuff go.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when Brady scrambled around left end for a first down, and there was a defensive holding penalty that tacked on 5 yards. As Brady approached the line of scrimmage on the left, there was a Colts lineman (or possibly LB) who was roughly between Brady and an offensive lineman. He tried to run towards Brady (and away from the O-lineman) but literally could not move from the spot because he was being flagrantly held.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the one

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 PM

That's another good no-call, similar to the Faulk play. There's no way Klecko is going to influence what Brady does on that play by even one inch. So, he spins around and puts one arm up like he's trying desperately to break free, in attempt to draw a flag. Again, worth a shot, but no dice.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's another good no-call, similar to the Faulk play. There's no way Klecko is going to influence what Brady does on that play by even one inch. So, he spins around and puts his arms up, in attempt to draw a flag. Again, worth a shot, but no dice.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, of course he's going to get to brady, besides that's not the referee's job.

EDIT: and even going by your previous statement these situations aren't similar at all. You think Faulk shouldn't be rewarded for giving up on a play to try to gain a penalty (which I don't agree with anyway, but that's besides the point) that's not what's happening here, it's not like Klecko had a chance to do anything but try to draw a penalty.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, of course he's going to get to brady

[/ QUOTE ]

Dwight Freeney, yes. Dan Klecko, no.

[ QUOTE ]
besides that's not the referee's job.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was never held. Watch the video instead of a still cap. Light was blocking him, then Brady ran around him. So he does what he can to try to steal a call.

Edit: You're right about this not being a good comparison with the Faulk play. I only mentioned it because I thought both players were trying to draw a flag, and neither deserved one.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was never held.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I think he was, I even think he was obviously held so I don't think we'll reach an agreement on this one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He was never held.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I think he was, I even think he was obviously held so I don't think we'll reach an agreement on this one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, but if you can, watch the play again. He tries a swim move to the inside (Freeney had already stunted behind him to the inside on the snap) and that's when Brady takes off. He had no chance.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:56 PM

an Indy security guard reportedly told someone from WBZ in Boston that the Colts pump in sound

web page
Old 11-08-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an Indy security guard reportedly told someone from WBZ in Boston that the Colts pump in sound

web page

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man.

Cody