Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2006, 03:35 PM

Default 100NL KK vs flop c/3-bet w/ shorty all-in

Long ass post, sorry. I seem incapable of brevity when I'm posting hands

Shortstack button seems poor (no stats yet) and is steaming pretty hard after getting pozzed twice by a donkey (HJ) who's been cussing him in the chatbox. SB is like 21/13/3 and is probably one of you. I only have stats from mining and haven't played with him. I have been pretty quiet and my PFR especially has been atypically low this session (around 8).

Stuff to consider; when the action got to SB preflop, he took a lot of time before calling. Up to this point he had acted pretty quickly. I got the impression he was thinking about what to do with his hand and was contemplating a 3-bet. Obviously timing tells are far from reliable and he might just have been thinking about a hand at another table so whatever. Assign however much importance to this as you feel it deserves.

Also, shorty button for the last couple orbits has been in stack-off mode after the hijack doubled through him twice. He's open pushing ~$25 into limped pots of $3, etc. It's obvious he wants to double up or leave and his range for pushing this flop is any pair or draw. I would expect SB to have realised this which makes the flop dynamic a bit more complicated.

I have a few other questions about this hand from SB's perspective but if responses here are pretty cut and dried they kind of become irrelevant, so, just the hand first.

UTG (Hero): $105
HJ: $125
CO: $98
BTN: $22
SB: $105
BB: $39

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="grey">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="grey">1 fold</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - ($11.50)

SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">Button raises all-in $18.60</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $35</font>