Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Couldn\'t even SPELL \"razz!\"

My Hellmuthian moment finally came....

Tournament - Razz - Level II (20/40), Ante 4, Bring-In 6 (converter)

Seat 1: 1,723
Seat 2: 1,376
Seat 3: 1,314
Seat 4: 1,812
Hero: 1,903
Seat 6: 1,331
Seat 7: 1,055
Seat 8: 1,486

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

Seat 8 are you mental? You have a three-card hand! I made my 8! FOLD! Ah, who's kidding who - it's a crummy 876 - that idiot in Seat 2 is gonna river me, anyway....

6th Street - (8.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

No - nonononono. Pairs with Jacks showing don't call - T8s that have obviously not made a hand yet, don't call. Why won't you idiots fold - and....OMG! Seat 8 is gonna get the wheel. I know it, I know it - RATS!!!

River - (12.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Total pot: (18.80 BB)

The results are masked in white to protect the eyes of Razz players everywhere.

<font color="white">
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 752 | Rake 0
Seat 1: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 2: mucked [4s 7h Js 5h Ad Ah 9s]
Seat 3: folded on the River
Seat 4: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Hero mucked [Ac 3d 7s 6h 8d 9h 2d]
Seat 6: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 7: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 8: showed [As 2c Jc 5s Qs 4h 3s] and won (752) with Lo: 5,4,3,2,A </font>
Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Couldn\'t even SPELL \"razz!\"

I'm not saying I'd fold or anything, but when that guy raises the river, there's like no way that a 76 is good.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I'd fold or anything, but when that guy raises the river, there's like no way that a 76 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I knew. I spew.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:27 AM

I think I don't bet 7th. There are 3 people who could have you beat. Your best possible hand is telegraphed by your board, and you have it, so you'll definitely get raised when you're beat.

I'm not sure I love a bet on 5th. You might already be beat, and if we say that all your opponents have 2 cards 7 or under then you're *barely* getting better odds than the money you put in. (Your equity in that case is 30% and you have to put in 25% of the money). The best thing for you is if you can get seat 2 to fold on 5th but there's almost no way that can happen here. A real problem here is that your redraw sucks... not only is your 876 unlikely to be the best hand, you're drawing to a 76.

On 6th your equity is either worse or better, depending on whether or not Seat 3 already has you beat. Keep in mind that he might have something like 875 and be afraid to bet. Given river action I guess he probably did not have you beat, but it's hard to tell on 5th and 6th.

Unfortunately your opponents individually do not have odds to beat you, but collectively, they do, and you're going to lose here a lot. In a cash game I don't mind betting in cases like this quite so much because I'll win fewer times but make more money when I win, but in a tournament that can be problematic. You have a lot of BB here so you can probably tend towards playing it more like a cash game. I think I might conserve bets though. The players most likely to fold have almost no chance of winning, and the players with some chance are probably not folding now.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 AM

I finally looked at the hands. LOL at seat 2 on the river.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the call is correct too.

A fold would assume that the opponent is playing rationally but the way he played the hand is not rational nor intelligent and whilst he probably has made his hand, you have to call for two reasons. Firstly these players are such unbelievable idiots that they may just make a stab at the pot even though they are unimproved and its multiway. I have seen this enough times to make me a calling station on seventh. Secondly he might be dumb enough to bet an 85 here. I consider the size of the pot. I would call just to be sure... cos I would rather make a small mistake than a large one.

I think he made an error here in betting out. The correct move on seventh would be to check and call and make a decision if there was some action.

Seat 2 is an royal idiot for calling....