Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 2/5 live (FR)...some discussion at table on this

[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shove, villain thinks for about 15 sec and calls. I turn a 4, villain windmill slammed his KK [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

I understand folding pre is standard. But for the last month or so, standard and proper's not getting it. My image borders on weak-tight (horrible run of cards) and I figured to stack him if I hit. It was a little tilty fishing call.

I welcome advice on adjusting ranges in a game where you can't bluff (especially pre), and a couple of villains can have ATC at any time. I am probably running about 10/8/1 or some sh** over the last month.

A couple of memorable hands:
Ep raises to 15 pre, 5 callers, I call button w/ KJo. Flop is KhJc3s. EP bets 30 folds to me, I raise to 100, EP calls. Turn 6h, EP c/c 175. River 8h, EP bets 30...I LOL call...villain has Jh2h.

I raise 3 limpers in LP to 30 with QQ, 2 callers. Flop is 358 rainbow. I bet 75, 1 caller. Turn is a J, villain c/c 150. River is a 4 and I check behind villain's A2o.

These hands are typical of the play in this game, not exceptions. I also am running into reverse odds w/sc in position multiway quite frequently and I am pulling my hair out. I probably just suck [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM

youre putting like 1/6 of the effective stack in preflop with 6 high and telling people who are trying to explain pot and implied odds to you that you're wrong. yes you hit your dream flop and are basically a coinflip with an overpair. definitely happens enough of the time to be essentially pot commited when you hit any piece due to stacksizes. i honestly think you should move down until you learn concepts like position and odds and i dont mean that in a mean way.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

7's are wild LDO.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youre putting like 1/6 of the effective stack in preflop with 6 high and telling people who are trying to explain pot and implied odds to you that you're wrong. yes you hit your dream flop and are basically a coinflip with an overpair. definitely happens enough of the time to be essentially pot commited when you hit any piece due to stacksizes. i honestly think you should move down until you learn concepts like position and odds and i dont mean that in a mean way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. Did you see the part where I said the call was tilty and fishing? Or that I get that folding pre is standard? You are welcome to bring your ABC game and give it a whirl.

I was basically trying to see how egregious the preflop call was and if c/r flop was ok. Preflop equity seemed ok

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 67.228% 67.03% 00.20% 257086560 770046.00 { JJ+, AQs+, AQo+ }
Hand 1: 32.772% 32.57% 00.20% 124929444 770046.00 { 76s }

And the implied odds didn't seem too far off (according to this thread).

I am not saying anyone is wrong. I am trying to adjust in a maniacal game and get my thoughts in the right direction.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM

you have to be a gimmick.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to be a gimmick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:49 PM

"And the implied odds didn't seem too far off (according to this thread)."
quoted in a response to the thread
This means that our preflop bet size should be 6.5% of the effective stack for the average situation as compared to 7.5% for PP’s. Until someone tears apart my estimates, I will use a 4/8 rule for SCs instead of the 5/10 rule for PP’s.

17% is not 4%.
im sure i come off like a dick and i dont really mean to. but you have no idea about alot of basic foundational concepts. pm me if ud like to conitnue the convo
Old 10-10-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope u are a gimmick.

[/ QUOTE ]