Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold\'em?

well.
i`m playing 2/4$ 6tbl limit a lot,and beating it,becouse of so much of fish,is it any fish on 5/10 limits?
i have enough bankroll,but staying away from big limits,hard to believe it`s any easer.
but maybe i`m wrong
Old 11-02-2007, 04:17 PM

5-T is just as easy as 3-6. Same game, lots of the same players, just a few more chips in a each bet
Old 11-02-2007, 04:19 PM

and a little less rake.

Difference is overrated. Plenty of 15/30 games out there that are easier to beat than 3/6 at AP
Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Honestly I've found very little difference between 3/6 and 10 if you site/table/seat select really really well. Now obviously I'm not saying that on average the 10/20 games are as beatable as the 3/6 games but rather that if you look hard you can find games up to 20/40 that are as easily beatable as a good 3/6 game. I know this is a somewhat controversial statement, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it, you just need to be insanely disciplined when choosing where to sit.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I've found very little difference between 3/6 and 10 if you site/table/seat select really really well. Now obviously I'm not saying that on average the 10/20 games are as beatable as the 3/6 games but rather that if you look hard you can find games up to 20/40 that are as easily beatable as a good 3/6 game. I know this is a somewhat controversial statement, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it, you just need to be insanely disciplined when choosing where to sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

any good but not great player can win at any level if they seat and table select. I'm proof of that.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My small stakes career can be spilt up into two parts.

Playing 25/18 like the Mbenhoe chart and sucking. Lifetime I was a loser up untill 1/1/2007.
Then I loosened up and it took my 6 months to reach 15/30 from 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

@Oink

This is a very interesting statement because I took this chart as preflop guideline too. I experimented a lot with my preflop hand selection and I also played a while according to the chart from stoxtraders new book, which is way looser than MEbenhoes chart. Because I consider my strength more on the postflop side, I assumed, that it would be a good idea to loosen up my hand selection. But because of the horrible variance of this game it is so difficult to get a clear guideline on how to optimize my personal hand selection. Therefore I switched back to a tight preflop strategy.

As I already said, I have no problems playing full ring fixed Limit and short handed NL, my EV within those games is really great but if I try playing short handed Limit games, I really feel like a dumb megadonk who has no clue about playing Poker. I'm constantly reading and rereading my books, analyzing my hands with Pokertracker, reading articles on the net, reading 2+2 forum contents etc. etc. Maybe I'm just running bad in 6max Limit? Maybe this game does not correlate with my basic Poker strategies? Who knows?

And the biggest joke about all this stuff is the fact, that my preflop hand selection in 6max NL is quite more loose than in 6max Limit. My EV within the 6max NL games fullfills all my personal wishes but the EV of my 6max Limit games really sucks.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:06 PM

How many hands have you played before making these conclusive statements about your WR in the different types of ganmes you've played in?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hands have you played before making these conclusive statements about your WR in the different types of ganmes you've played in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, next question!

About 20k/FRLHE, 15k/SHLHE, 10k/SHNLHE. I know that some people will argue that this numbers are rarely statistical relevant but I can't wait until the next millenium change until I make my decisions. Anyway, the difference is really very significant and the results are accordingly obvious (at least personally for me).
Old 11-04-2007, 12:45 PM

Wow you're an idiot!!!

I don't know why I'm doing this but I'll give you some advice anyways. You have no [censored] idea what your true WR is in any of the games you mentioned. You can play like [censored] in all of them but when you run hot you feel like a champ and when you run neutral you feel like the complete moron that you are. On the other hand you could be playing really well in all of the games and feel like god when you run neutral but feel like a complete donk when you're running bad because of all the tough spots you're being put in and it always seems like you get the decisions wrong.

I know this is not what you want to hear but it's the truth. Also you say you put a lot of effort into your game and yet you've only been able to run up a total of 34 posts in the 14.5 months you've been registered on 2p2. How about you start [censored] posting and you'll learn a lot faster. From the posts you've made in this thread it's obvious that lurking has done you no good whatsoever or you wouldn't be posting this stupid [censored]!
Old 11-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Mvoss, your post is abusive.
Closed Thread