Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Smoking weed

Well guys, I sure do like to smoke weed. I am worried about [censored] my lungs up by smoking. I was talking to one of my friends who is very smart(probably the smartest person I know) and he told me that smoking marijuana is 100% ok for your lungs if you use a vaporizer. He also said consuming the weed(in brownies or anything else) is completely ok for you.

I just wanted to run this past OOT and see if it could be confirmed.

Besides the effects that I have mentioned, what other effects does marijuana have on your body(long term)? I know it can effect your memory, but can it do anything else, such as slow reaction time or mess with your reflexes?

I hope this isn't considered Googletarding, but there are so many biased websites out there, it's hard to get straight facts from someone without an agenda.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Smoking weed

erowid didn't have anything on it?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM

If you have questions on drugs, use erowid. They have all the answers.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:15 PM

it has no known side effects other than...um....hmm....
Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM

100%? no But its greatly reduced for sure. To the point where its probably worse to beathe the air in LA
Old 07-31-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100%? no But its greatly reduced for sure. To the point where its probably worse to beathe the air in LA

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It would be wrong to assume that inhaling anything besides clean air is ever 100% harmless. However, when you vape weed, you are only vaporizing the stuff that gets you high, and leaving the plant matter, which causes the majority of smoke which [censored] up your lungs. If you smoke a lot, vaporizing is a very good decision and will leave your lungs in much better shape.

I don't see how eating it would [censored] you up any long term, esp considering most of the time you aren't eating the plant matter anyway. However, eating gives you a IMO totally different high experience. It also takes a while to kick in.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how eating it would [censored] you up any long term, esp considering most of the time you aren't eating the plant matter anyway. However, eating gives you a IMO totally different high experience. It also takes a while to kick in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well obviously there is SOME kind of reaction. Are you trying to say that eating pot brownies is 100% harmless? No memory loss, or anything like that? I find that hard to believe
Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well obviously there is SOME kind of reaction. Are you trying to say that eating pot brownies is 100% harmless? No memory loss, or anything like that? I find that hard to believe

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think anything can really be proven. Any negatives that people bring up, all the potheads will just say its the smoke that causes the negs, and eating/vapo'ing will elimnate it, but there really is no definitive proof either way. I know that if i smoke pot in any more consistency than once or twice a week, my immune system goes to [censored], but who knows why.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 PM

I know that if i smoke pot in any more consistency than once or twice a week, my immune system goes to [censored], but who knows why

I once went a year straight without a break before I developed bronchitis. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Those were the times of MK420 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant that the long-term effects regarding cannabis edibles are likely negligible compared to the effects regarding smoking or inhaling. A lot of the negatives that come with marijuana use regard doing damage to the lungs. Long term mental effects have been strongly contested and there has been a lot of debate over possible negative effects. However, there has been a multitude of studies showing that inhaling smoke does significant damage to the lungs.

edit: Just read up here: http://erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

Also if you want to live a 100% safe life then it is going to be pretty [censored] boring. If you like getting high, get high. If you are worried about your health vape it and don't blaze 3x a day. Dont agonize like a pussy over something negligible. It is worth it to vape. Read: http://erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml and decide for yourself whether or not it is worth it to get high.