Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Proposal: \"Slow Game\"

Due to the apparent decline in interest in ww lately, I'd like to try something new, to be dubbed "slow games"

They are normal games of werewolf with either 13 or 17 players. The game begins on Monday and lynches take place on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights. (Nights would run for the standard 10-12 hours.)

Since we've been struggling to fill games, these games will have an easier time getting off the ground than full-sized games. The slower pace will entice players that do not want to be tied to the game every single day (for example, I can go play a couple 8 hour live poker sessions without missing an entire game day). The slower game might cause each player to post more per game day, however, this is offset a bit by the smaller fields, and the posts will be spread across more RL days so that there is more time to read them.

This thread is to check interest. I'm already modding a game so I don't intend to run one of these atm, but I will play in one.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Proposal: \"Slow Game\"

I like it
Old 08-19-2007, 03:12 AM

I've never played a long game because I can't commit for being there every day, but would definitely play this.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:44 AM

I think this is a good idea ... ESPECIALLY the part about a smaller field ... I really think 17-19-21 is a great number of players... maybe 19 being ideal ... more than 21 and there is so much noise and so many players that by D3 or D4 people get incredibly frustrated with the No. of posts and No. of utrs that it becomes a bitch fest.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:03 AM

the problem with going past 17 is that there is no consensus on when to add the second seer. The pattern used from 9-17 dictates that the seer wouldn't even get a n0 peek in a 19er... which means there is a big chance that the seer dies before getting enough peeks to be useful. But with 2 seers the village can get a lock on the game if neither one dies in the first few days.

also at just 3 lynches per week, games with over 17 players will take 3 weeks or more to play, so I think 17 should be the max
Old 08-19-2007, 04:17 AM

*cough*
half-seers
*cough*
Old 08-19-2007, 04:23 AM

Yeah, soah, my post wasn't necessarily all that on-topic, just in general about big fields ... I'm sure you could find balance by either using a half-seer like LC just said, or maybe masons or a vig with one bullet ... either way I think it's a good idear
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 AM

I would mod this, to start a week from Monday.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:49 PM

I really like the idea of a smaller field. It is just too much work to try to keep up with large fields making 1k+ posts per day.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:33 PM

I would actually play this. I haven't absented myself from POG because I hate you all or anything. It is just that some days I am working from 7am to 7pm and don't feel like reading the thread and posting the instant I get home.
Closed Thread