Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Default PS 6.50 lvl 3 JJ

I'm pretty readless other then pf raiser hasn't raised a hand yet (now that I look at it pahud must have hiccuped, i.e. I screwed up), but I've only played 11 hands with the guy. As far as I know he hasn't played a hand or raised, in all actuality he's 45/18 but I think he's 10/0 lol. I put mp2 on AJ+, TT+ so raising pf doesn't seem like a good idea pf.

After he checks the flop I put him on 2 overs. Once villain leads out and the pf raiser folds, utg who according to my wrong pahud stats is aggressive post flop and loose pf either has a complete bluff, straight, a draw, A9, A7, maybe a set. I think I'm good here what do you guys think.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO (t1425)
Button (t1562)
Hero (t1560)
BB (t1390)
UTG (t1730)
MP1 (t1115)
MP2 (t4718)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t125, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls t100.

Flop: (t500) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t500) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t500</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1410</font>, UTG calls t910.

River: (t3320) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t3320
Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: PS 6.50 lvl 3 JJ

First off, I def. like the call pf, just because you have a healthy stack with a good but not great hand that doesn't play particularly well in a multiway pot. Last thing you want is a rr pot with 3 people in it and a pair of overs to flop.

I (assume) you're checking the flop with the intention of a c/r. Turn check/shove is also fine IMO. I think the types of hands that you'll see limped early at levels like these are smallish pairs and a suited ace. So you probably are looking at something like A8, A9, or occasionally, in the worst case scenario, a set. Considering the fact that you are readless, I would play the hand the same way. I think you're good here often enough. Nh.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 AM

I probably lead out on this flop for around half the pot and fold to an all-in raise. It may be a little weak but I hate getting all my chips in this early in a game without a fair idea of whether I'm ahead or not, and on that board, we are either WA/WB. It is likely that UTG limped with a small/medium pocket pair or suited connector and had the pot odds to call the raise from MP2 since you came into the pot. The turn bet probably indicates he wanted to check-raise the flop and he's now making a desperate attempt at building the pot. I think we're beat here, and we can avoid this situation by defining our hand earlier.

But then, it is a $6 SNG, so we're probably ahead here more than normal.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 AM

I'm pretty sure UTG had AA, maybe KK.

On the flop what was your play if he bet?? c/f c/c/ c/r???
I think I like b/f &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; than all those

I think if ur willing to push the turn with no information you should definately bet the flop.

Curiously why did you post the Ac when the money got in on the turn???

Edit sorry I completely misread hand ignore stoopid post