Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Chexx Inc. Deposits

I work at a bank and recently we have seen more and more of these checks coming though. Management has attempted to verify these checks through inside sources and been unable to get any information other than dispite them saying "US BANK" on the front, they are actually drawn off of a "U.S. Bank National Association" located in Milton, WA. this is for all checks with routing number 125000105. It seems like there is a misunderstanding of the whole banking process from what I have read on numerous threads. Regardless of the checks "avalibility" in the account, be it next day or after a 5-10 day hold, if the funds have not been COLLECTED, the check can be return, leaving in some cases a huge debt to the bank. This is not ment to scare anyone, but just clarify that just because you have the money showing as an avaliable balance DOES NOT mean you aren't responsible for any money you have spent if the check is returned for some reason. U.S. Banks have recieve notice NOT to cash these checks, meaning they know something that the general public does not, they are drawn off of the before mentioned bank. If a road trip is necessary that bank is located at:
U.S. Bank Nation Association
2800 Milton Way
Milton, WA 98354
Just be careful, just because you see the money and can withdrawl it and spend it doesn't mean your check has been collected. Banks can send checks through a collection process to ensure funds before depositing to your account and it looks as though the bank I work for is moving towards this as an option. If you can cash it somewhere great, just know that cashing OFF an account is just like depositing, your account will be DEBTED the amount of the check that was cashed off of it if returned. Depositing the check doesn't mean you HAVE the money the next day. Questions are welcome, but I will not say which bank I work for. GL
Old 02-14-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Chexx Inc. Deposits

My Chexx Inc check cleared in 3 days.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:11 PM

Cliff note. CHEXX checks are the same as every other check.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13 PM

U.S. banks recieved notice from who that they are not supposed to cash them?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CHEXX checks are the same as every other check.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 PM

My check from AP just says Chexx inc and U.S. bank on it. The check is for 2k. It has the same routing number that you state. My bank is Wells Fargo and I've never tried to put one of these checks into my account.

Would you recommend going to like a check and go, or another check cashing bank? I've seen advertisments for special check cashing places, where you don't have to have an account.

If so, do you know what they information they require , and also what kind of fees? You seem pretty informed on this subject and any information would help.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My check from AP just says Chexx inc and U.S. bank on it. The check is for 2k. It has the same routing number that you state. My bank is Wells Fargo and I've never tried to put one of these checks into my account.

Would you recommend going to like a check and go, or another check cashing bank? I've seen advertisments for special check cashing places, where you don't have to have an account.

If so, do you know what they information they require , and also what kind of fees? You seem pretty informed on this subject and any information would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to a bank. I don't know WTF OP is talking about. I had a Chexx Inc check clear today.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 PM

The check cashing places will still come after you. Your best bet is just put it in the bank. Why pay those outrageous fees.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Go to a bank. I don't know WTF OP is talking about. I had a Chexx Inc check clear today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently this guy is the one to listen to, he has more information avaliable to him, than me, possibly you can deposit your check and HE can tell you when it "CLEARS" he seems to know when his cleared.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Do you know if I would have a problem cashing this check through Wells fargo??